E-bikes have a certain allure
A physical attraction
I get lost simply gazing at them. Spending hours a day appreciating the lines, geometry, ape-style handlebars, forks, and big tires is calming. Not long ago, I finished dinner; my stomach was full, dishes were washing, and the girls had finally retired for the evening. It’s time to take another look at e-bikes. This specific one is the Super72-ZX. She’s beautiful and has decent performance specs to offer an inquisitive inquirer.
28 MPH, 1.2KW, 615WH Electric Bike
As a result, the SUPER73-ZX is positioned as a comfy commuter, featuring a lightweight aluminum frame with better ergonomics and an upright riding posture with a revised saddle. This beautiful motorbike has clean lines, a sporty tubular gunmetal frame, and big cruiser-style chopper handlebars.
- Chassis – The ZX has a light aircraft-grade aluminum frame, a newly revised seat, enhanced ergonomics, and a more upright riding position, making it one of SUPER73’s most comfortable bikes.
- Motor – The internally geared brushless DC hub motor may deliver up to 1200 watts of peak power.
- Ride modes – Each bike is pre-programmed in Class-2 mode, which allows for throttle control and pedal assist riding at speeds of up to 20mph. In addition, you may access Class-1, Class-3, and Off-Road modes to achieve speeds of up to 28mph.
- Battery – Easily charge at home or work with any standard 110v outlet.
- Range – Class-2 throttle-only operation provides 30+ miles* of range at 20mph; Class-1 pedal assist mode provides 50+ miles* of range.
- Tires – The LZRD is a contemporary street tire designed for long-distance travel. This tire has micro knurling to boost cornering grip while balancing tire life.
- Mobile App – Unlock all of Super73’s e-bike capabilities and receive updates over the air. You can easily switch between pedal assist modes and see your current speed, battery range, and other information. The app gives turn-by-turn navigation on both the Smart Display and your mobile device.
No suspension no problem
The ZX is a straight motorbike designed for enthusiasts who want to own a Harley or sport bike but don’t want to cope with the hassle of owning one or riding in freeway traffic. I fall into that category since the performance I desire would be enough for a local town commute on routes slower than 40 mph.
- Class-1 Mode Output: 750 watts nominal / 1200 watt peak
- Class-2 Mode Output: 750 watts nominal / 1200 watt peak (Default)
- Class-3 Mode Output: 750 watts nominal / 1200 watt peak
- Off-Road Mode Output: 750 watts nominal / 1200 watt peak
The ZX chassis screams “MOD ME,” yet you could also use this gorgeous pocket bike as a daily neighborhood 28 MPH cruiser and gas saver.
- Class-1 Mode: up to 20mph (throttle deactivated, pedal assist only)
- Class-2 Mode: up to 20mph
- Class-3 Mode: up to 28mph (throttle deactivated, pedal-assist only)
- Off-Road Mode: up to 28mph
Class-3 28 MPH
What’s speed go to do with it?
The ZX is a class 3 e-bike with a top speed of 28 mph, which is very common for most e-bikes. Anything faster than 30 has at least 2KW of power and a voltage range of 52–60V. If you’re seeking that high torque, +40 mph feeling, consider the Sur Ron or maybe an ONYX. I have a SUPER73 RX 72V build, but I still enjoy the ZX for what it is and what it could become with the appropriate battery configuration.
- FRAME: 6061 / 7005 aluminum alloy, 1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered head tube
- COLOR(S): Moon Rock, Storm Gray, Agave, Ron Burgundy, Panthro Blue
- BATTERY: 615 watt-hours, 18650 cells
- WEIGHT: 62 lbs
- FRONT HUB: 9 x 135mm, steel axle
- RIMS: 20”x100mm alloy with lightening cutouts
- TIRES: Front 20 x 4.5″ / Rear: 20 x 5″ LZRD
- Colorways: Agave, Ron Burgundy, Panthro Blue, Moon Rock, Storm Gray
- INNER TUBES: 20 x 4.5-5”, angled valve stem
30 Mixed-Mile Cruiser
Not bad at all, but still pricey
The ZX has a peak motor output of 1200W, a maximum range of +30 miles, a battery pack of 615WH (18650) cells, and weighs 62 pounds. The ZX likely has a minimum of 15 miles of throttle-only range. Keep that in mind if you have a heavy thumb. From a high level, the ZX is a lightweight motorbike with no suspension, mechanical brakes, 20×4 fat tires, and a peak speed of 28 miles per hour. There is nothing spectacular about the bike’s specifications, but the bodywork and frame, that’s another story.
She’s Beautiful and Very Expensive
There are more robust motors out there, but those bikes look cheap
For $2,200, you can quickly obtain a higher-spec bike with larger batteries, better motors, and stronger brakes. You could get a Lectric with similar performance at half the price, but that’s a bargain bike missing the form factor. That is a recognized truth with e-bikes. They don’t stack up against the SUPER73 moped-style frames, not even close.
They look flimsy. Every SUPER73 owner will remind you that no other brand has the build quality, moped-style geometry, appearance, or packaging that the SUPER73 has, and their units are worth the extra dollars. Is this bike more than it looks?
- BRAKES: Mechanical 180/180mm rotors
- SUSPENSION: Sold separately (availability TBD)
- DISPLAY: Transflective Monochrome LCD + Mobile Device
- IOS + ANDROID COMPATIBLE: Yes
- HEADLIGHT: Sold separately (availability TBD)
- TAIL LIGHT: Optional accessory sold separately
- HORN:Not available
- CHARGER:2A (6-7 hour charge time) 5A sold separately (2-3 hour charge time)
Check any 28-mph bike on Aliexpress, Amazon, or eBay. SUPER73 does it better than any other manufacturer. Their design language, material sourcing, components, software, production, packaging, and marketing materials are of the highest magnitudes.
When you purchase a SUPER73, you are obtaining a sense of community, a look, a feel, and a sense of pride. Remember the first time you put on a pair of sneakers or a high-end suit? You had the impression that you were a member of an elite club.
- THROTTLE: Thumb throttle
- PEDAL ASSIST: 4 modes (ECO, TOUR, SPORT, SUPER)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: 120mm sealed bearing, square taper
- CRANK / FRONT CHAIN RING: 25mm alloy crank arms, 36T chainring 10-speed w/44T sold separately
- GEARING: Single-speed 16T rear cog / Optional: 10-speed gearing (11-36T) sold separately
- REAR DERAILLEUR: 10-speed sold separately
- PASSENGER FOOT PEGS: Not Available
- SEAT HEIGHT: 31″
- WEIGHT LIMIT: 325lbs
Join the community
The same is valid with SUPER73. When you go on your local SUPER73 ride, you notice the quality, the atmosphere, and the conversations. What kind of tires have you had? What lights do you want to buy? What handlebar grips do you want to modify? Which battery pack do you wish to add in parallel?
When the fat tire rubber hits the road, you’ll ride with your pack on your back, a 360-degree camera mounted on your handlebar, and a full-face helmet on top of your head. You hit the pedal, your heartbeat intensifies, and you’re suddenly cruising in your 73, with nothing else on your mind for the next few hours.
Looks matter, and so does the quality of components
Again, the ZX isn’t the most robust bike on the market, but it still outperforms many others. With its barebones chassis, you can add forks, larger batteries, new handlebars, and lights. It’s all up to you. If I had to purchase an e-bike repeatedly, I’d grab the ZX and mod it to death. But, because I have a 72V SUPER73 RX, I’m already tweaking it. It offers everything I want.
- Speed: The ZX is a cruiser. You’ll find yourself pedaling and hitting the thumb throttle to coast between 15-20 mph on most days. Pedals assist becomes more natural than the thumb at lower speeds, its engaging and easy.
- Range: 15-30 miles really depending on your style and habits, more than enough range to enjoy some fresh air or take short commutes.
- Weight: At 62 lbs, the bike is relatively light for its powerful 28 mph e-bike. You won’t carry it with one hand up a flight of stairs, but it shouldn’t break your back either.
- Comfort: the bike has a comfy saddle, upright position, and thick fat tires. There are more comfortable full suspension setups that feel better off curves. The ZX will provide a smooth ride, especially on road and city streets. It is a neighbor cruiser, after all, consider the S2 or RX for more comfortable suspension options.
- Price: It’s expensive for an e-bike. You can get cheaper “clone” style bikes with similar specs but none of the looks, feels, and quality finishes as the ZX. You pay for the difference in form and proprietary components and immaculate finish.
Leave me alone on a Sunday morning, I’m on my ZX and in the zone, kind of ride
The ZX is right up your alley for riders who want a high-performing, high-priced, 30-mile range, entry-level 28 MPH SUPER73. She can take you all over town in style and is perfect for riding once the sun sets.
Would you spend the $2K on the ZX? Would you prefer a lower-cost bike or consider an RX at almost double the price? The extra suspension, features, and watt hours are worth every penny. Let me know what you guys think in the comment section below.
SUPER73® is an American lifestyle adventure company established in Orange County, California that creates products to assist in bridging the gap between motorcycling heritage and youth culture. SUPER73 was founded in 2016 and has swiftly evolved into one of the world’s most famous electric vehicle companies, with a devoted following that includes A-list celebrities, professional athletes, and many more. For more information, go to super73.com or follow @super73 on social media.
Best Electric Unicycles
Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is derived from extensive research, user reviews, and publicly available information. Our aim is to provide accurate and up-to-date content; however, it is crucial to understand that the opinions expressed are based on the information available at the time of writing. We strongly encourage readers to conduct their own thorough research and carefully evaluate their individual needs before making any purchasing decisions.eWheels 2023 Summer Deals and New Launches are here!!! Cheap, reliable, and powerful! TurboAnt Electric Scooters 2023 Sale!
2023 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save $50 off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.