Based in NYC, Kaiden is a Software Engineer who loves talking about delicious food, Thai boxing, grappling arts, and fast electric vehicles. His main go-to weekend must-haves were mouthwatering pizza, cheesy burgers, snappy unicycles, and ice-cold libations. Although lately, he’s been consuming unsalted air fryer chicken, filtered tap water, and green smoothies, walking to work because he’s in his late 30s and his metabolism just isn’t the same. He is finally accepting it.
eWheels is now taking preorders on the Veteran Sherman Max Electric Unicycle
eWheels is now taking preorders on the new and improved, Veteran Sherman MAX
For more firepower, Leaperkim has modified the Sherman with a big 3600WH battery pack, 2800W motor, and thick 10AWG motor phase wires. The new Sherman will have 20% greater torque, over-current protection, and a reworked pedal bracket, among other features. The new Shermans will have a starting price of $3,799.
- Veteran Sherman is the pinnacle of Electric Unicycle Technology
- Largest 3,200Wh battery pack, 2,500W motor, 45 MPH Top Speed!
- Advanced wheel – not the best wheel for learning to ride EUC, but not impossible either
- The 77 lbs Sherman is heavy, good for long distances and high speed adventure
- Upgraded wider 60mm rim, updated pedal hangers, waterproofed top panel
- Shipped with the knobby Kenda Tire
- Designed by EX Gotway Engineers, who wanted the ultimate high-performance 20″ Wheel
- First EUC with an Top Dashboard displaying speed, mileage, voltage
- Sherman Price increased to $3,699 due to rising battery cell cost
- Compare the Veteran Sherman with 2021 Electric Unicycles
The Veteran Sherman is the most sought out Electric Unicycle on the market.
Let me make this clear, the Sherman is a lot of things, and it’s sure as hell not for beginners.
This tank of an electric unicycle is intended for the few who dare to mount a EUC of this caliber. It’s all performance, high wattage, no frills, and built to satisfy the select few who dare to climb a EUC of this caliber. Only experienced and veteran riders should attempt to ride the Sherman due to its sheer mass, weight, power, and speed.
- The average cruising speed is 25 to +35 MPH
- Riders have pushed the Sherman past 35 to +45 MPH
- Low-end torque is applied when first accelerating
- 2,500W nominal motor engaged on high end can send you past +30 MPH without even realizing it
- Lighter wheels are preferable for short distances, errands, and food pick-up.
- Not the best wheel for short ranges or distances
- Great on high-speed road wheel, too heavy for off-road or jumps/tricks
- Excellent wheel for experienced riders who want to ride at high speeds and long ranges
The Veteran Sherman is a high-speed, high-performance speed demon. The Sherman is ideal for experienced riders looking for the most incredible adrenaline rush on an electric unicycle. The weight, power, and speed are not for beginners.
For similar electric unicycles, check out the Most Extreme Performance EUCs.
The Sherman is Equipped with a 3,200WH Battery Pack
Boasting a 3,200WH battery, the Veteran Sherman is rated to break past the 100-mile range. I have never gone close to the 100-mile mark, but after a few weeks of usage, I’ve clocked in about 70-80 miles on average before charging. The Sherman has more range than most people can handle and is perfect to replenish any range anxiety for the group ride.
- Battery Pack built with 240x Panasonic GA 3.5Ah 18650 cells
- Range is rated up to 128 miles, hard riding can produce 60-80 miles depending on road conditions and riding style
- Sherman has two charge ports, 8A max
- Charger is 100.8V/5A to quickly charge it’s a massive battery pack
Tank Like Chassis, High Build Quality
The Sherman looks like a tank, and for good reason.
The Sherman was built for performance and punishment by featuring an anti-scratch steel roll cage. We all know accidents happen while riding; the roll cage was designed to absorb any small bumps to significant impacts to keep the Sherman in one piece.
- This innovative design has an aggressive look with a fully functional purpose to keep our $3,500 investment in one piece
- I’ve personally wiped out a few times on my Veteran Sherman, and its body remains in one piece and unscathed
- The Sherman is heavy and powerful, new riders should learn on smaller wheels
- Sherman is very heavy—challenging to lift into cars or up a flight of stairs
- Veteran Sherman replacements are easily accessible and replaceable, visit eWheels for listings
Is the Veteran Sherman too massive?
It depends on what kind of riding you plan to do. When riding through New York City through areas with high traffic, pedestrians, and stops signs, riding the Sherman can be tiring due to its sheer weight and physical effort to stop and go. When riding the Sherman through smooth roads without traffic, the Sherman will feel weightless and send you soaring at high speeds.
- Very smooth, solid, safe and secure ride with acceleration and breaking
- 20″ knobby tires soak up bumps, pot holes, and curve fore breakfast
- Heavier weight allows for stability at high speeds, stronger chassis for crashes, and larger batteries for long range riding
- Heavier weight is not ideal for stop and go traffic, would prefer a lighter wheel like a MCM5 for low-speed, short-range, and high congestion riding
- Turning tight corners is challenging and risks petal dipping, take longer turns if possible
- It comes with small stock pads, decent to start with, but I prefer the chicway pads
- The LCD display shows speed, mileage, and battery voltage
- LCD Display to change ride mode, tilt back, speed, speed alarm, and calibration settings – Make sure to adjust before riding!
- The Veteran Sherman is compatible with the EUC World App
Is the Veteran Sherman worth its price tag?
Riding at +40 MPH makes your feel like flying
The Leaperkim team got the Veteran Sherman right, and he is one hard act to follow. With a $3,500 price tag, the Sherman is the most expensive, powerful, most extended range, highest quality electric unicycle on the market, and 100% totally worth the price tag.
6 Reasons the Veteran Sherman Isn’t for you
- Super expensive when compared to the lower range and power models
- Super heavy to transport when compared to 30 MPH wheels
- Super powerful, not for beginners
- Lower cost, high-performance models can provide 40 MPH performance
- Not everyone needs to 100+ mile range
- Not everyone wants to ride +45 MPH
6 Reasons to buy the Veteran Sherman
- The Strongest EUC on the Market
- The Longest Range EUC on the Market
- +45 MPH Cruising speeds
- The strongest chassis and Roll cage on the market
- The price represents features, quality, and range
- Most expensive wheel, 100% worth the price for build quality and performance
- Cost – $3,699
- Free Spin Speed – 61mph/100kph,
- Top Speed – 45mph
- Nominal – Motor Power 2,500W
- Battery – 3,200WH/100.8V, Panasonic NCR18650GA
- Max Climb Gradient – 30°
- Max Load – 330lb/150kg
- Standard Charger – 100.8V/5A
- Charging Time – 10hrs
- Weight – 77lb/35kg
- Controller – 12x HY MOSFETS, peak power output, Active Controller Cooling Dual cooling fans, activation at 45℃
- Tire Size – 20″ inch off-road tire
- Trolley Handle Integrated into shell body
- Dashboard Display Speed, voltage, odometer, ride modes, Wheel settings, etc.
- Speed Limit Settings Set through integrated display, future App integration
- Calibration Set through integrated display, future App integration
- Shell Structure Metal looped roll-bar for lifting, scratch resistant ABS plastic shell
- Input Charge Ports Dual-input charge ports, supports up to 8A charge current
- Headlight 2x 750lm = 1500lm output
- Taillight Turning & brake warning lights
- Low Battery Protection Low-voltage Alarm @ 78V, ‘get-off now’ 75.6V
- Battery Protection Overcharged, over-discharge, input short-circuit protection
- Controller Over-temperature 185°F/85°C
- Package Gross-Weight 88lb/40kg
- Box Size 22.4″ Length x 11″ Width x 27.5″ Height (570x280x700mm)
Veteran Sherman Unboxing Video & Top Speed Test
More EUC’s Like the Veteran Sherman
💪 Hi friends! We hope you find our content useful! Make sure to use our affiliate links, it helps support our site and keep the fresh content, apps, videos, and updates coming. Ride safe!
- Team VROOOMIN
Editor's Note: VROOOMIN.COM reports the advertised speed and range from the manufacturer. The exact results will vary depending on the rider's weight, overall payload, road conditions, and charge level. Most PEVs will deliver at least 60-70 percent of the quoted range, if not more. The top speed and range will be decreased for heavier riders.
2022 Electric Scooters:
- Got a minute? Take a quick 4 question survey to help improve VROOOMIN.COM
- North America: For quality electric scooters and customer service, visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, and Voro Motors.
2022 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save 15% OFF Boblbee Backpacks Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 7% off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.