2022 Best Electric Scooters for Everyday Adventures
💪 Hi guys! We hope you find this information useful! Please use our affiliate links to support our site, it costs you nothing and helps us keep the site up to date with new content, graphics, videos, and web development. We appreciate your support, ride safe friends! – Team VROOOMIN
Featured North American Electric Scooter Distributors
All electric scooters are priced according to their power, range, speed, design, and additional amenities. The scooters listed below are powerful and should be operated by adults. Visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, Apollo Scooters, and Voro Motors for the best electric scooters and customer service. Ride safely, and it’s recommended that you wear a helmet while having fun!
- Best 2022 Dualtron Scooters
- Best 2022 Kaabo Scooters
- Best 2022 VSETT Scooters
- Best 2022 Apollo Scooters
- Best 2022 INOKIM Scooters
- Best 2022 EVOLV Scooters
Best Electric Scooters 2022 by Category
Here are the best electric scooters are team has put together for the 2022 riding season. The best scooters for 2022 picks are based on performance, ride quality, build quality, and most importantly, customer service.
- Best Cheap Electric Scooters: Segway Ninebot MAX, Inmotion L9, Speedway Leger Pro, EVOLV City
- Best Electric Scooters for Heavy Riders: Wolf Warrior GT Pro, Dualtron Achilleus, Dualtron Victor, EMOVE Cruiser
- Best 20 MPH (32 KMH) Electric Scooters: Speedway Mini 4, INOKIM Quick 4, VSETT 9, GOTRAX GMAX Ultra, Futecher Gun Pro
- Best 30 MPH (48 KMH) Electric Scooters: Dualtron Mini, VSETT 9+, EVOLV Tour XL-R, EMOVE Cruiser, EMOVE RoadRunner, Speedway Leger Pro
- Best 40 MPH (64 KMH) Electric Scooters: Dualtron City, Speedway 5, INOKIM OXO, Kaabo Wolf X PRO, EVOLV PRO-R, EVOLV Corsa, Dualtron Achilleus, Dualtron Spider 2
- Best 50 MPH (80 KMH) Electric Scooters: Bluetran Lightning, VSETT 10+, Wolf Warrior 11, Dualtron Victor, Kaabo Wolf GT Pro, Dualtron Thunder, VSETT 11+
- Best 60 MPH (80 KMH) Electric Scooters: Dualtron Thunder 2, Wolf King GT, Dualtron Storm, Dualtron X2, Bronco Xtreme 11, Dualtron Ultra 2
- Best Fast Electric Scooters: Dualtron Thunder 2, Wolf King GT, Bronco Xtreme 11, Dualtron X2, Bluetran Lightning
Best Electric Scooters by Make, Model, and Price:
Electric Scooter Specs are updated weekly, please let us know if any of the specs are off. Good luck with your search, guys, you’re going to have a blast on your new wheel! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Technical Specs, Visit the Electric Scooter Database
Bluetran Lightning Electric Scooter GPS Acceleration Video
For Complete Technical Specs, Check out the Electric Scooter Database
First Time Electric Scooter Research Tips:
For superior build quality, performance, and customer service, we recommend that users start with $900 electric scooters. The most popular $300-$700 models are included in this list for riders on a tight budget. The lower-cost variants benefit from short distances, flat surfaces, and lighter riders. With inexpensive scooters, quality customer service and maintenance parts are hard to come by.
- With many high value products on the market, higher prices command better quality, longevity, performance, and customer service you’ll receive. Check out the Best Electric Scooter Dealers in North America.
- $900 and up Electric Scooters tend to have better build quality (stronger brakes, better materials, stronger batteries), easy contact customer service, and readily available spare/maintenance parts
- $700 and below Electric Scooters tend to have lower build quality, limited customer service, and difficult access to spare parts
- We recommend new riders to consider a $900* electric scooters to start their search. Dualtron, Kaabo, Speedway, ZERO, WEPED, Evolv, EMOVE, and VSETT are fantastic electric brands to consider.
Coupons & Deals:
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC’s, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save 15% OFF Boblbee Backpacks Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
Best Electric Scooters for Beginner, Advanced, and Expert riders.
Choosing an electric scooter might be difficult with many models, drivetrains, features, and batteries. Are you on the lookout for a good deal? Take a look at an entry-level Gotrax. Are you looking for a range of sizes and weights? Check out the SE version of the Kaabo Mantis. Are you looking for a combination of power, design, and features? Take a look at the Dualtron Thunder 2. Each model caters to various requirements, demands, and budgets.
Beginner: 20-30 MPH Electric Scooters
Entry Level – Great for commuting and portability ($500 – $1,500)
Riders that are new to the sport – Beginners should start with electric scooters with top speeds of 20 to 30 miles per hour. These starter scooters are classified as commuter scooters, with technical specifications ranging from 48V-60V battery drivetrains, 30-60 lb chassis, and prices ranging from $500 to $1500. Commuter scooters are suitable for public transportation and are cost-effective for novice riders.
Advanced: 40-50 MPH Electric Scooters
Mid Class Models – Great for long commutes and sports riding ($1,500 – $3,500)
Advanced Riders – Advanced riders may prefer electric scooters with top speeds of 40 to 50 miles per hour. These starter scooters are classified as High-Performance scooters, with technical specifications ranging from 52V-60V battery drivetrains, +70 lb chassis, and prices ranging from $2,000 to $3500.
Expert: 50-70 MPH Sports Electric Scooters
Premium Performance Models – Built for high speed and long-range (Price: $3,500 – $7,000)
Expert Riders – Speed demons are looking for electric scooters that can reach speeds of over 50 miles per hour. These strong electric scooters are classified as Extreme Performance scooters, with technological specifications ranging from +60V battery drivetrains to +90 lb chassis and prices starting at $3,500.
Latest Electric Vehicle News & Promotions
What’s the best electric scooter?
To help you with your Electric Scooter research, we’ve compiled a list of the best electric scooters for every budget. For new riders, on-shore-distributed $900 Electric Scooter models tend to have better build quality, performance, quality customer service, and easy access to maintenance parts.
Researching an Electric Scooter: $500 Electric scooters are ideal for short journeys and commuting (2-3 miles). However, because these models use low-cost components, an off-shore customer service team must handle troubleshooting and replacement parts. Compared to more expensive scooters, budget scooters screech, wobble, use lesser materials, have slow acceleration, and have weaker brakes.
The Best Electric Scooter will vary by individual budget and requirements
Models of electric scooters are divided into categories based on features and pricing to accommodate a wide range of user needs and road conditions. The more you pay, as with many things in life, the higher the quality product you will receive.
I strongly advise users new to electric scooters to take a test ride on a $1,000 25 MPH electric scooter. These models will provide you with an indication of power, weight, and construction quality. Riders on a tight budget should remember that the $300-$500 models are suitable for the short term but will break down with time.
Which electric scooter should I buy?
What are the benefits of riding electric scooters?
Electric scooters are good for the environment and your budget, thanks to their cheap operating and maintenance costs. The following are the most common reasons why riders choose electric scooters as a secondary or primary means of transportation.
- E-scooters can be both quiet and practical.
- To ride, you don’t need a driver’s license.
- Simple to operate and use
- Compared to autos, there are significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Electric scooters are environmentally beneficial.
- When compared to fuel, operating costs are low.
- When commuting, it can help you save energy.
- Riding electric scooters may be a thrilling and enjoyable experience.
- Repair and upkeep are simple.
- Ideal for short-distance commuting
- Getting around traffic congestion
- Noise pollution is reduced, and maintenance costs are reduced.
Which Electric Scooters have the best range?
The larger and more expensive the scooter, the greater the range and highest speed it can achieve. More battery voltage and amp hour ratings are required for scooters to have more fantastic range. Watt hours are a unit of measurement for battery capacity (battery voltage multiplied by battery amp hours). Compared to higher WH electric scooters, cheaper priced, lower WH electric scooters will have a shorter range.
What is the Best Electric Scooter for heavy adults?
The scooters with the highest max load capacity for heavy and taller riders can support the combined weight. The ideal scooters for carrying bigger loads have a minimum voltage of 60V and a net weight of at least 60 lbs. Heavier riders can still ride low-cost and beginning scooters, but remember that their top speed, battery range, and ride comfort will be affected.
In addition, bigger riders require greater deck area to maintain balance and a comfortable riding posture. Consider the weight of your protective gear and personal possessions; these items can add another 10-20 pounds to the scooter’s weight limit.
2022 Best Electric Scooters for tall and heavy riders:
- Dualtron Victor – Max Load: 265 lbs
- Vsett 10+ – Max Load: 265 lbs
- Wolf Warrior GT – Max Load: 265 lbs
- Dualtron Compact – Max Load: 265 lbs
- Speedway 5 – Max Load: 265 lbs
- Dualtron Thunder – Max Load: 330 lbs
- Dualtron Ultra 2 – Max Load: 330 lbs
- Wolf Warrior King GT – Max Load: 300 lbs
- Weped GTR – Max Load: 300 lbs
- Dualtron X2 – Max Load: 265 lbs
The best electric scooters for heavy adults generally fall in the 40 MPH and 50 MPH electric scooter ranges. These models
Which Electric Scooters are waterproof?
While some manufacturers advertise their scooters as waterproof or having a high IPX rating, I would strongly advise against riding any electric scooter in moderate to heavy rain. Rain and water can seep into crucial components like your scooter’s battery, controller, and throttle, inflicting irrevocable damage to the drivetrain. Water will not only wreak havoc on your electronics but also rust your BLDC motors and possibly cause battery fires.
- Riding in light rain is fine, or getting caught in a downpour is fine
- Regular use in heavy rain is risky and not worth the risk
- Replacing and repairing electric scooter drivetrains is expensive.
- If your area is expecting rain or snow, consider taking a bus, subway, or cab instead
Electric Scooter Range specs, tips & tricks
- Battery Capacity is measured by Watt Hours (WH)
- WH is equal to Voltage X Amp Hours
- The more WH, the further you can ride
- Heavier riders who climb hills or max out the top speed can expect a lower range than riders who ride on flat roads and cruise at lower speeds.
- Cold weather can also lower battery performance, range, and top speed
- The scooters with the best range will depend on your needs, requirements, and transportation situation
Segway Ninebot Range VS Dualtron Ultra 2 Range
- Segway Ninebot has a 500 WH battery, good for up to 30 miles
- The Dualtron Ultra 2 has a 2,520 WH battery, good for up to 87 miles
- The Ninebot is lighter, cheaper, and can cruise up to 20 MPH
- The Ultra 2 is heavier, expensive, and go up to +60 MPH
- The Ninebot is super light, only weighing 40 lbs
- The Ultra 2 is massive, weighing 88 lbs
Consider the WH, price, and range of the scooters below:
Best Electric Scooters for 2022 – Editors Pick
Best 72V Electric Scooters – For Expert Riders
72V electric scooters are the most powerful, fastest, and heaviest models. These scooters are fast and hefty, reaching over 50-60 MPH speeds. These performance beasts are a lot of fun, but they also have a lot of power and are best experienced while wearing protective gear.
- Dualtron Thunder 2 – Best all-around 72V Electric Scooter – +60 MPH
- Weped SST – Fastest and Strongest 72V Electric Scooter, +70 MPH
- Dualtron Ultra 2 – Best Off-Road Electric Scooter, +55 MPH
- Wolf Warrior King GT – Powerful Off-Road 72V Electric Scooter +60 MPH
- Dualtron X2 – Most comfortable, long-range, 72V Electric Scooter, +65 MPH
- Bronco Xtreme – Most Powerful and Comfortable 72V scooter, 70 MPH
Best +50 MPH Electric Scooters – For Advanced Riders
Electric scooters with a top speed of 50 mph are among the strongest and heaviest on the market. While these bikes aren’t as quick as they once were, they’re nonetheless robust, hefty, and have more range than any rookie rider will ever require. These 50 MPH variants are also more expensive and best experienced while wearing protective gear.
- Dualtron Achilleus – Newest Powerhouse 60V Electric Scooter
- VSETT 11+ – Powerful dual stem Electric Scooter
- Weped GTR – Fastest, strongest 60V Electric Scooter
- Wolf Warrior – Best cost, power, and comfort
- Dualtron Thunder – Best chassis, power, and design
- Dualtron Victor – Best value, power, and features
- Vsett 10+ – Best design, power, and features
- Dualtron Ultra 2 – Best off-road, power, and weight
Best +40 MPH Electric Scooters – Intermediate Riders
Electric scooters with a top speed of 40 mph are stronger, lighter, and more portable than those with a top speed of 50 mph. These 40-mph monsters are ideal for long-distance travel, tremendous torque and convenient storage.
- Dualtron City – 15″ 45 MPH Electric Scooter
- Dualtron Eagle Pro – Best entry-level commuter
- Inokim OXO – Most comfortable commuter
- Speedway 5 – Best value commuter
- Blade 10 – Lowest cost commuter
- Dualtron 3 – Longest range commuter, best features
- Vsett 10+ – Design, chassis, powerful 40 MPH Electric Scooter
- Wolf Warrior GT – Best off-road commuter Electric Scooter
- Dualtron Compact – Best solid tire commuter Electric Scooter
Best +30 MPH Electric Scooters – For Beginners
Most riders don’t need to go faster than 30 miles per hour on a regular commute. Most bike lanes have a 20 MPH speed limit. You’ll be able to cover the distance with a larger battery and ease up hills and bridges with a more potent powertrain on a 30 MPH electric scooter.
- Dualtron Mini – Great design and performance, Dualtron highest performing 30 MPH commuter
- Vsett 9+ – Best features and upgraded design, fantastic value for the price
- Dualtron Spider – High performance and lightweight, a cult classic in Asia and Europe
- Kaabo Mantis 8 – Best Brakes and chassis, high torque performance scooter
Best +20MPH Electric Scooters – For Beginners
Beginner electric scooters reach the sweet spot for speed, performance, and weight, averaging 20-29 MPH. Check out these electric scooters with the best size, power, and value to get you from point A to point B without breaking the bank.
- Inmotion L9 – Great entry-level, big-range scooter
- Futecher Gun Pro – Great value MiniMotors scooter
- Speedway Leger Pro – Long-range MiniMotors scooter
- Emove Cruiser – Longest range, 21700 cell Battery Pack
- Etow GT SE – Slim, powerful & portable
Most Anticipated Electric Scooters for 2022
While new electric scooter models took a delayed start in 2021, 2022 seems to be the year of extreme performance electric scooters! Below are the most recent MiniMotors, Bronco, WEPED, and Rion motors models:
The RoadRunner has to be the most excellent portable electric scooter on the market, pound for pound. This 55-pound seated electric scooter has a top speed of 35 mph, a range of 50 miles, and is exceptionally light and portable. No locks are required, and the chassis is more portable than many larger e-bikes and scooters.
The Bluetran Lightning will be the first 72V 10″ electric scooter on the market. The lightning will be distributed primarily in North America by MiniMotors USA. The Bluetran Lightning will also be one of the fastest 10″ sports commuter electric scooters ever manufactured.
The new Dualtron Luxury is an upgraded version of the Dualtron Victor electric scooter released in 2022. The Victor Luxury has many new features, including a new deck, footrest, and lighting. The Victor’s performance specifications will be the same.
Bronco Motors’ latest 72V 3600WH 110KMH electric scooter is the VNOM. The Dualtron Thunder 2, Dualtron Storm Limited, and Wolf King GT will all compete directly with the VNOM. There is no word on which dealership will carry this high-performance electric scooter.
WEPED Korea’s latest seated electric scooters are the 72V Cyberfold Dark Knight and the 60V Rhino. These electric motorcycle-style scooters have a top speed of +60 MPH and cost up to $8,000 USD.
- The Cyberfold is Weped’s first extreme performance electric motorcycle offering
- 3 Performance Models: Sport, Extreme, & Hyper
- Battery Pack: 60V, 72V
- Top Speed: 62 MPH – 80 MPH
- Max Power: 10KW, 20KW, 40KW
- Wheels: 15″ tires
- Features: Dual spring shocks, Hydraulic brakes
Rion Motors Apex2 will be Rion’s first mass-production model, costing around $4,000. Rion model wait times can range from 6 months to more than a year. Rion’s Noir RE105 electric scooter will have a 105V drivetrain and will be the company’s highest-performing production model.
Only current Rion customers will be able to purchase the Noir. Rion Motors is also releasing a Rion Powered e-bike model in collaboration with some of the industry’s best motorcycle builders.
Rion Electric Scooters Update 2/20/2022:
I reached out Gal and received a few updates about the Rion Series for 2022
- Rion Noir is in production: $13,000 for the scooter, one year lead time
- Rion Apex2 will be announced once production is available, no preorders at the moment
- Tronic Controllers and Curve throttles will be available at Alien Rides Shop
2022 Dualtron X3 Electric Scooter
A Dualtron X3 Electric scooter is in the works, according to reports. MiniMotors Korea has been extremely quiet and tight-lipped about this model. We’ll post Dualtron X3 Scooter specifications as soon as we get them. Given how fast the Dualtron Storm Limited is, I can’t even imagine what kind of drivetrain the X3 will have.
Best Cheaper Electric Scooters Under $1,000
- Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter: Weight: 31 lbs, Speed: 31 MPH, Price: $469
- Hiboy NEX5 Electric Scooter: Weight: 39 lbs, Speed: 21 MPH, Price: $899
- EMOVE Touring Electric Scooter: Weight: 43 lbs, Speed: 18 MPH, Price: $950
- Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Scooter: Weight: 43 lbs, Speed: 18 MPH, Price: $950
Best Dualtron, Speedway, & Futecher Electric Scooters
- Dualtron X2 – Best electric scooter for comfort, size, and range
- Dualtron Thunder – Best electric scooter for power, features, and chassis
- Dualtron Ultra 2 – Best electric scooter for power, off-road, range, and modding
- Dualtron Victor – Best electric scooter for power, weight, and cost
- Dualtron Mini – Best electric scooter for chassis, design, and portability
- Futecher Gun Pro – Best value size, cost, and commuting
Safety Tips for Electric Scooters
Electric scooters have been increasingly popular in the last two years. As the number of riders increases, so does the number of injuries. While riding a scooter is enjoyable, make sure to follow these scooter safety tips to ensure a safe ride.
- Put on your safety gear:
Even if you take every precaution, inevitable mishaps are unavoidable. Personal protection equipment is vital; it protects you from unexpected accidents. If at all possible, always wear a helmet and gloves.
- Verify tire pressure:
Always inspect the tires before each use to ensure they are correctly inflated. Tires that are adequately inflated might help you avoid flat tires and accidents.
- Pay attention to your surroundings:
Always drive defensively and give way to pedestrians and other bicycles. When in doubt, slow down as much as you can safely. In a difficult circumstance, it’s best to slow down rather than accelerate. Also, keep an eye out for vehicles and drive as though you’re in a blind spot.
- Keep away from rainy and slippery areas:
While most electric scooters can be used in light rain, they should be avoided at all costs in severe rain. Electric scooters use magnetic motors, computer boards, and lithium batteries. Water getting into these vital components might permanently damage your scooter and its costly components.
North American Electric Scooter Distributors
Some of North America’s best and most well-known electric scooter distributors are here. If you need service, replacement components, or maintenance advice, you can be assured that your electric scooter investment is safe. They are well-known for their quality products, excellent customer service, and quick delivery.
For a complete list of electric scooter dealers in the US, please visit the North American Electric Scooter Dealers.
MiniMotors USA – Dualtron, Speedway, Futecher Electric Scooter Distributor
John and the MiniMotors USA team are headquartered in San Rafael, California, and are one of Northern America’s first performance electric scooter providers. Because of their reputation for high-quality scooters, seasoned knowledge, and good customer service, it’s no surprise that so many scooter riders select MiniMotors USA.
eWheels – VSETT, Bronco, TurboWheel, Inmotion, & WEPED Electric Scooter Distributor
Based in North America, Jason and the eWheels crew offer lightning-fast customer support and service for electric scooters, unicycles, and e-bikes. eWheels collaborates closely with international manufacturers to develop, refine, and market the latest personal electric vehicles.
Voro Motors – Kaabo, EMOVE, Fiido, & Dualtron Electric Scooter Distributor
Melvin and the Voro Motors team, with locations in Los Angeles and New York City, are one of North America’s fastest-growing electric vehicle distributors. With its growing inventory and online video knowledge base, Voro Motors is a fantastic resource for customer care and excellent electric scooters.
REV Rides – VSETT, Zero, Segway, Evolv Electric Scooter Distributor
Nathan and the REV Rides crew, based in Vancouver, are well-known in the electric scooter, unicycle, and e-bike communities. REV Rides has a solid reputation for customer service and a large following of electric scooters and unicycle owners.
Best Electric Scooter Dealers EMEA
Best Electric Scooter Manufacturers of 2022
BUSAN, SOUTH KOREAN REPUBLIC- MiniMotors is known for making dependable and long-lasting electric vehicles. MiniMotors offers a selection of commuter electric scooters with superior materials, innovative technology, and comfortable suspension. There are numerous types from which to choose to get you through the week. Dualtrons are well-known for their high performance and readily accessible components.
Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, China Due to their flagship models, the Wolf Warrior and Mantis electric scooters, Kaabo climbed a few points to second place this year. Kaabo’s high-quality chassis, paired with its low price, earned it a lot of praise from the electric scooter community. We’re looking forward to seeing what Kaabo electric scooters have planned for 2022.
Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, China VSETT is a new brand produced by the Unicool/Titan electric vehicle business in China, which is well known for the Zero brand of scooters. The VSETT 8, 9, 10, and 11 electric scooters are their flagship models. Among electric scooter users and distributors, VSETTs are a popular choice.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, EMOVE is recognized for its commuter scooters, which are suitable for riders who lead active lifestyles and require reliable transportation. Their central, budget-friendly, high-quality electric scooters include the EMOVE Touring, Cruiser, and Road Runner.
Tel Aviv, Israel – Inokim was founded in 2009 and has a long history of creating dependable electric scooters for commuters. Models OX, OXO, and Mini2 are commonly seen in big cities and local suburbs. Inokim, known for its high build quality and smooth acceleration, has a promising roster for the 2022 riding season.
South Korea – Extreme Performance electric scooter fans rejoice for WEPED, the makers of some of the planet’s most robust and highest quality electric scooters. These models are hard to come by, parts included. The WEPED flagship models include FS, FF, SST, and GTR.
Singapore – Not much is known about this brand. However, Bronco has made it on our list with their latest extreme-performance electric scooter, the Bronco Xtreme 2. The next offering will be the Bronco VNOM, which shares a similar chassis design as the Nami Viper.
Lost Angeles – Gal Thompson and the Rion Motors crew create some of the world’s most powerful, fastest, and lightest electric scooters. Rion electric scooters in the United States have the most robust components, the best chassis, and the longest weight time. Rion has recently begun manufacturing direct-to-consumer controllers, allowing riders to get Rion performance on their PEV constructions.
Best Electric Scooter Dealers Around the World
For riders around the world, check out the top dealers in Europe, Asia, Middle East, South America, and more.
EMEA + APAC Dealers & Distributors: FASTRIDE, Volt Ride, Dualtron Russia, Dualtron Mega Store, SoloRueda, Dualtron Columbia, Kaabo Philippines, eWheels Thailand, Dualtron Greece, Dualtron Chile, MiniMotors Nordic, MiniMotors Korea, Dualtron Ukraine, iScoot Australia, WEPED Australia, WEPED Korea, UK: Ride + Glide