This article was a product of teamwork between staff members and external contributors.
Coupon Codes & Deals:
Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Code: VROOOMIN
Save $50 off VSETT, Begode, King Song, Segway with Code: VROOOMIN
Get $50 worth of accessories at Apollo scooters with Code: VROOOMIN
Segway X160 17-inch electric dirt motorbike, 31 MPH advanced Commuter
Segway just came out with the X160, an electric dirt bike that costs $4,999 and is aimed at off-road riders! The X160 is a high-quality dirt bike with its 3000W engine, +50A controllers, 17-inch tires, 31 MPH top speed, and the ability to scale 35-degree inclines.
Getting out of the house and doing mundane errands will be enjoyable
The X160 gets its power from a 48V 960WH Panasonic lithium battery pack that allows it to travel up to 40 miles on a single charge. Riders can expect at least 24 miles per charge because Panasonic batteries are so effective.
- 105.8 lbs Weight
- Max 176.4 lbs (80 kg) Payload
- Shock Absorption
- Superior Shock Reduction
- Swappable Battery
- 31.1 MPH Max. Speed
- 40.4 Miles Max. Range
- 4.02 Seconds 0-31 MPH Acceleration
- 184.3 FT-LBS Max. Torque
This model is popular among dirt bikers due to its low maintenance requirements and compact, aggressive chassis. I think this dirt bike is worth the asking price of $4,999 because of its attractive design, beginner-friendly controls, and off-road capability. Did we mention the platform is a e-modders dream?
Tell us what you think
Have you thought about buying a Segway X160 with that money? Are we getting value for money, or are we just paying too much? Below, you’ll find Segway’s official breakdown of the specs and features you can expect to find on their product.
Segway Dirt eBike X160
Make your next day out into an incredible adventure with our powerful off-road dirtbike.
An Epic Off-Road Ride For Everyone
The Segway Dirt bike X160 is the first vehicle of its kind, and with its small size, lightweight, low environmental impact, and ease of maintenance, it has opened the door for countless individuals to experience the thrill of off-roading.
- Top Speed and Range: Your journey can go as far as you want. The Segway Dirt eBike is here to help you keep up. This electric dirt bike can go as fast as 31.1 mph and is very stable, quick, and good at communicating with the road and the rider. Plus, the Segway Dirt eBike works with Panasonic, the same company that makes batteries for Tesla, to make sure it has the best battery power and can go 40.4 miles on a single charge.
- Super Lightweight: The premium design of the Segway Dirt eBike is based on an aluminum-alloy frame that is both strong and light. The Segway Dirt eBike is much lighter than most traditional dirt bikes. It only weighs 105.8 lbs. It is made to be light so that fearless riders can use it to power through almost any terrain.
- Extraordinary Acceleration: Ride to get the most out of yourself. The Segway Dirt eBike can go from 0 to 31 mph in just 4.02 seconds. It has a maximum torque of 23.6 ft*lb and a maximum speed of 5400 rpm. It can run up to 356°F.
- Made to Last: This electric dirt bike is made for all off-road terrains. It has a waterproof level controller with a rating of IP67 and a waterproof battery with a rating of IP65. The frame is made of aluminum alloy and has heat dissipation.
- Quick-Swap Battery For Limitless Range: The battery on the Segway Dirt eBike X160 can be switched out for a new, fully charged battery in a matter of seconds. Now, you can stop using those old, time-consuming ways to charge your phone. Let your journey take you farther than ever before.
- Superior Shock Reduction: With the Multi-Link Hydraulic Spring Central Rear Suspension (TR suspension) and the double-shoulder inverted front fork, Segway’s latest in-house developed Suspension System is made to make off-roading powerful and comfortable.
- Turn-Key Data Connection: The Segway Dirt eBike X160 is smart because riders can connect it to the Segway-Ninebot App to track their stats and route.
- Two Riding Modes: There are two ways to ride, so people of different skill levels can use it. Sport Mode is great for people who want to go fast, and EP Mode is good for people who want to go farther.
- Low-Maintenance and Fully Electric: Most off-road bikes are hard to maintain and use a lot of energy. Segway has made things better by making a dirt bike that runs on electricity alone. Forget the money and mess you have to deal with to keep gas-powered bikes running, and say hello to the best way to go off-road.
- Press Highlights: Press highlights for the Segway Dirt eBike X160 include Revzilla, TweakTown, CNNB News, Visor Down, Autoevolution, KTNV Las Vegas, FOX 5 KVVU-TV, RideApart, TechCrunch, BuildingTECH, RideApart, EBR, MOTORRAD, EBR, Mashable, Popular Mechanics, GearJunkie, Pocket-Lint, ZigWheels, Motorcycle.com, New Atlas
- Wheelie with Ease: With the right amount of grip, 162.2 ft-lbs of torque, and a wheelbase that is 49.2 inches wide, the Segway Dirt eBike X160 is well-equipped to help riders do difficult tricks easily. The strong rear wheel has 48 rear sprocket teeth and a 35° climbing slope, which makes it easy for riders to do wheelies and climb stairs.
- Dual-Drive System: The Dual-Drive System on both models of the Segway Dirt eBike is made up of a Primary Drive System and a Secondary Drive System. A 22-inch HTD 8M belt is part of the Primary Drive System, and a 420 chain with 112 links is part of the Secondary Drive System. The Dual-Drive System can increase the wheels’ overall torque power and keep the chain from coming off.
- Highly Customizable: The eBike is easy to customize to your needs and works with almost all bike parts. Riders can change and rebuild their eBikes easily to make them fit their needs.
- Fast Charging: Panasonic, the market leader in batteries, has helped Segway make an eBike with a high-quality battery that has the right amount of power. Panasonic makes batteries for high-end electric car brands like Tesla. The company is known for making batteries that are safe and last a long time. The eBike battery can go for 40.4 miles on a single charge. It can be fully charged in 4-5 hours.
- Suspension: The eBike is strong and safe because both the front and back have suspension. The front has an inverted single-shoulder front fork (adjustable). The back is a hydraulic spring-central type with multiple links. The range of motion of the rear shock absorber is 3 inches (75 mm, adjustable).
- Drive System: HTD 8M belt 22.0 inch is the primary drive system. The secondary drive is made of a 420 chain that has 112 links. The eBike has a high transmission efficiency, sends more power, and can handle more torque.
- Braking System: The eBike has a mechanical drum brake on the front wheel and an electric regenerative brake on the back wheel. A Dual Braking System gives you the most stability and steering control.
- Lighting System: The eBike’s front lights are made with a 2.5W high-brightness LED light to light up the path in front of you and make you more visible to people around you. Please don’t ride at night if you care about your safety.
- Off-Road Tires: Off-road tires with a 70/100-17 size are on the eBike X160. They absorb shock so you can ride more comfortably, have better control and handling, and can be used on any terrain.
|Basic Information||Dimensions: 71.7 × 29.1 × 40.2 inch (1820 × 740 × 1020 mm)|
|Vehicle Weight/ Including Battery||88.2 / 105.8 lbs (40 / 48 kg)|
|Rider||Payload: Max. 176.4 lbs (80 kg)|
|Vehicle Parameters||Wheelbase: 49.2 inch (1250 mm)|
|Minimum Clearance||8.7 inch (220 mm)|
|Max. Climbing||35° slope|
|Max. Speed||31.1 mph (50 km/h)|
|Range||40.4 mile (65 km)|
|Seat Height||29.9 inch (760 mm)|
|Power System||High speed brushless DC motor|
|Max. Motor Power||3 kW|
|Max. Torque for Drive Whee||162.2 ft*lb (220 N*m)|
|IP Rating||Battery IP65; Controller IP67|
|Vehicle Material||Forged Aluminum Alloy|
|Battery||Battery Type: Panasonic Lithium battery|
|Charging Time||4–5 h|
|Rated Voltage||48 V|
|Nominal Power||2 kW|
|Overcurrent Protection Value||70 A|
|Charger||Nominal Power: 280 W|
|Charger Input Voltage||100–240 V 50–60 HZ|
|Charger Output Voltage/ Power||58.8 V / 5 A|
|Other Features||Gear Type: Aluminum alloy 17*1.4|
|Tire Type||70/100-17 off-road tire|
|Wheel Diameter||17 inch|
|Handlebar Grip Material||Silicone rubber|
|Front Shock Absorber System||Single-shoulder inverted front fork (adjustable)|
|Rear Shock Absorber System||Multi-link hydraulic spring central type|
|Rear Shock Absorber Range||3.0 inch (75 mm adjustable)|
|Brake System||Disc brake|
|Primary Drive System||HTD 8M belt 22.0 inch (560 mm)|
|Secondary Drive System||420 chain with 112 sections|
Segway is the most popular way for people to get around. Dean Kamen, who is known for coming up with new ideas, started Segway in 1999. Segway has always worked to ensure its products are safe, high-quality, and reliable. Segway-Ninebot is a multinational company that makes service robots and smart transportation for short distances.
The company’s international businesses sell goods in more than 80 countries and regions. The value of the company Ninebot is more than $1.5 billion. Segway-Ninebot wants its intellectual property, which is known all over the world, to lead users and the industry into the future.
Best Electric Unicycles
2023 Electric Scooters:
- Got a minute? Take a quick 4 question survey to help improve VROOOMIN.COM
- North America: For quality electric scooters and customer service, visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, and Voro Motors.
2023 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save $50 off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.