💪 Hi friends! We hope you find our content useful! Make sure to use our affiliate links, it helps support our site and keep the fresh content, apps, videos, and updates coming. Ride safe!
- Team VROOOMIN
NIU KQi3 Pro Electric Scooter Review
2022 Best Sporty 20 MPH Electric Scooter
For riders who seek a premium and affordable electric scooter, I’ve put over 200 NYC commuting miles (gym, work, grocery, errands) on the NIU KQi3, and I’m astonished at how fun, reliable, and well-built this machine is. Hands down, this is the best 20 MPH scooter I’ve ever tested.
The KQi3 Pro, priced at $699, may be the best 44-pound, 20-mph electric scooter for 2022. For riders unfamiliar with NIU, this global powerhouse has produced and sold over one million electric vehicles across 38 countries, and they’re only getting started.
NIU sub-$700 scooters may offer the best performance, value, and quality, proven through their intellectual property, manufacturing infrastructure, and quality standards.
NIU KQi3 Electric Scooter Coupon Code
Get $80 Off with Code: VM80
5 reasons to choose the KQi3 Electric Scooter
- Everything has high quality, from box, to packing, chassis, materials, acceleration, features, and ride quality
- Zippy 20 MPH cruising speed perfect for NYC commuting
- 20-30 mile range and fast charging to make commuting effortless
- Super lightweight and easy folding chassis to make transporting and parking easy
- Powerful reputation, quality parts, and 2-year warranty!
Let’s look at how this mighty 486WH machine can provide 30 miles of enjoyable cruising while synchronously saving you time and money.
News & Events:
NIU KQi3 Pro Electric Scooter Review Video
NIU KQi3 Pro Electric Scooter Review
It’s worth the money.
I’m amazed by how much value this scooter offers. This is the first budget scooter we’ve given a 4.5 rating to at this price point. Even though it is not the fastest, lowest priced, or longest-range scooter, we give it a high rating for its build quality, finish, ride feel, and performance.
Many scooters feature similar performance specs at a close price point, but none have the build quality, reputation, and finish that the KQi3 Pro offers.
At $699 before taxes, the KQi3 Pro is a powerful and affordable investment. I thoroughly enjoy riding this scooter daily in New York City and can attest to its power, performance, and dependability.
For an affordable price, you will get a quality 20 MPH electric scooter that can take you around New York City for about 20+ Miles.
The NIU KQi3 Pro is a fantastic entry-level commuter electric scooter for riders looking to have fun and save money on their commute.
- 7 color variants to choose from
- 3 performance packages available: Sport, Pro, Max
- Fantastic budget-friendly 20 mph scooter
- High build quality, finish, and easy operation
- Full-featured and Smart App connectivity
- Great choice model for suburban and city riders
Forget the Subway and bus stations, I take the KQi3 out at every commuting opportunity.
I can’t emphasize enough that, for $700, the KQi3 Pro Electric scooter delivers. This machine is compact, lightweight, and incredibly quick for its size.
For most riders in New York City, this scooter’s performance will take you anywhere you need to go.
I average 15-18 mph on the majority of Manhattan’s streets. The bike lanes are congested, and I will not reach the 20 mph maximum speed on most of my commutes. The KQi3 can reach 20 mph quickly.
To get the scooter moving, riders will need to push start. The 350W/700W KQi3 is quite quick off the starting line, even on steep inclines, this scooter can average 10 to 17 miles per hour. I weigh about 180 lbs, other heavier riders may notice lower top speeds during a hill climb.
This scooter is perfect for commuting to work, the grocery store, picking up takeout, and other errands. It weighs over 40 lbs, so most adults should have no trouble folding and lifting this scooter. The weight to power ratio is fantastic for everyday use.
The braking is effortless and comfortable on the hands. Dual mechanical brakes, electric and regen braking are featured on the KQi3. The brakes are powerful relative to the vehicle’s top speed. Please practice braking, as if you brake too hard, your stomach may bump into the dashboard, which can be unexpected.
- Motor Power: 350W/700W BLDC Motor
- Gradient: The KQi3 can easily traverse steep hills, bridges, and inclines.
- Brakes: Dual Mechanical Disc brakes (regen) provide excellent stopping power.
- Controller: NIU 48V 12A Controllers, reliable and tested for every day usage
- Usage: City riding, very light off-road, short-range, long-range, everyday commuting, steep hills
You get more than enough range for commuting around New York City
The NIU KQi3 has a 486Wh 48V lithium-ion battery pack with a range of 31 miles per charge, as marketed. While some riders may achieve close to the advertised range, in real world scenarios, most riders will achieve approximately 60 percent of the advertised range.
I tested the KQi3 with high-performance settings and achieved approximately 19 miles of range before recharging. Riders can expect to get closer to the 31-mile range when using ECO mode; however, the speed will be constrained.
The 2A charger fully charges the KQi3 relatively quickly. In addition, if you only need to top off the battery before your ride, you can obtain a full charge faster. Other inexpensive scooters have 1A chargers, which can be quite sluggish.
- Battery Pack: 48V 10.125AH lithium-ion battery pack, 486WH
- Charge Ports: Dual 3 Pin charge ports
- Charger: 48V 2A stock charger
- Fast Charger: n/a
- Charge Time: 5 hours
- Advertised Range: 31 Miles (ECO Mode)
- Real World Range: 19 Miles (High-Performance Mode)
Handling, Comfort, and Ride Features
So fun, lightweight, and easy to operate, one of the best we’ve tested.
The NIU KQi3 has one of the best budget street scooter builds I’ve ever seen. I am absolutely stunned by NIU’s ability to design, develop, and construct the KQi3 while turning a profit. The manner in which NIU designed, procured, and produced this scooter makes me wonder how little other manufacturers invest in competing models.
The handling is incredibly fluid and agile. I feel safe while operating this scooter. The KQi3 rides like a dream, with no shakiness, loose parts, or problems.
Although this scooter has no suspension system, the 10″ tires, spacious wide deck, and high-quality materials make for a smooth ride. I would advise riders to slow down when passing over small bumps. Potholes should be avoided at all costs. Aside from this, the KQi3 is an exceptional city commuter on the road.
- Throttle: Thumb throttle for accurate acceleration control and less hand fatigue
- Handlebars: Wide handlebar for easy control
- Grips: Rubber grips for firm control over handlebars.
- Suspension: No suspension, 10″ tubeless tires soak up city bumps and road vibrations
- Tires: 10×2.5″ wide tubeless Tires for improved grip, comfort, and acceleration.
- Headlights: Front adjustable Halo lights for ride path visibility.
- Taillights: Rear deck lights for braking and visibility.
- Deck: Spacious deck for size and kick tail for rear foot
- Ambient Lights: n/a
- Turning Signals: n/a
- Horn: Loud bicycle bell for safety
- Mobile App: Bluetooth Connectivity for ride preferences and diagnostics
Build Quality, Chassis, Maintenance
The build quality is unbelievable, it’s stunning how NIU was able to pull this off with such an approachable price tag
The KQi3 is an effective entry-level machine with NIU’s stellar reputation for quality, dependability, and performance.
Given NIU’s fantastic track record for producing over 1 million lithium-powered machines, riders can rest assured that NIU’s design, manufacturing, quality assurance, and materials provide a reliable scooter built to last thousands of miles on the road.
Each scooter incorporates NIU’s existing intellectual property and is designed for easy maintenance and access to spare parts. In addition, NIU offers a 2-year warranty on their electric scooters, which is unprecedented in the electric scooter industry.
When spending $699 on a sports electric scooter, you want one that is durable and covered by an extended warranty.
- Design: Beautiful high quality design for price
- Build Materials: The KQi3 chassis is built with aviation-grade aluminum alloy and hard plastics. Aviation grade aluminum is commonly used for highly stressed applications: bridges, cranes, air crafts, etc.
- Waterproof: IP54 Rating
- Maintenance: Compared to cars, the KQi3 is generally easy to maintain. Riders would need the right tools to perform brake pad and tire changes. There are plenty of online videos for reference.
- Spare Parts: n/a
- Weight: At 44 lbs, the KQi3 is a light scooter and is fantastic for transporting between busses or climbing stairways.
- Electronics and Drivetrain: Still a new scooter, still feels great at 200 miles
- Maxload: The KQi3 Chassis can support riders up to 220 lbs, covering more than enough weight for most riders.
- Handlebars: 542mm handlebar with bell, dash, and dual brake levers
- Folding Mechanism: The KQi3 uses 2 step easy folding mechanism that provides solid, secure, and easy folding for storage.
- Portability: At 44 lbs, the KQi3 is very light for a powerful electric scooter. It can fit in car trunks, office spaces, and apartments without a problem.
- Chassis Improvements: The KQi3 features a 1st generation NIU chassis, feels quality and light
Is the NIU KQi3 Pro right for you?
For $700 bucks, you can’t beat the quality and price this scooter delivers
Finding the ideal 20 mph scooter shouldn’t be difficult. At the time of writing, the KQi3 is nearly unbeatable if you’re looking for a fast, powerful, lightweight, and reasonably priced electric commuter scooter. There are numerous comparable scooters in its price range, but none possess the KQi3’s quality, appearance, features, or performance.
Reasons To Buy:
- Powerful 20 mph electric scooter, perfect for New York City Commuting
- 486WH Battery pack that provides 20 miles of real-world range
- Reliable and tested model, best 20 MPH scooter we’ve ever tested
- Tested in light rain on a few occasions, no issues at all
Reasons To Avoid:
- At 44 lbs, it may be heavy and large for a small group of riders
- $699 is expensive. You can find more cheaper models with 15 MPH performance
- Some riders want even more range and speed, but will need to spend more money
- Riders close to 220 lbs need to find a stronger scooter for daily use
For similar models in the Niu KQi3 Category, consider Gotrax, Segway, Hiboy, and Dualtron electric scooters.
NIU KQi3 Pro Electric Scooter Introduction Video
Editor's Note: VROOOMIN.COM reports the advertised speed and range from the manufacturer. The exact results will vary depending on the rider's weight, overall payload, road conditions, and charge level. Most PEVs will deliver at least 60-70 percent of the quoted range, if not more. The top speed and range will be decreased for heavier riders.
2022 Electric Scooters:
- Got a minute? Take a quick 4 question survey to help improve VROOOMIN.COM
- North America: For quality electric scooters and customer service, visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, and Voro Motors.
- Best Dualtron Electric Scooters
- Best Kaabo Electric Scooters
- Best VSETT Electric Scooters
- Best INOKIM Electric Scooters
- Best EVOLV Electric Scooters
- Best Electric Scooters Under $500
- Best Electric Scooters for $1,000
- Best Electric Scooters for $1,500
- Best Electric Scooters for $2,000
- Best Electric Scooters for $3,000
- Best Electric Scooters for $5,000
2022 Electric Unicycles:
- EUC Buyers Guide: 14 Tips, Tricks, Features, Specs explained
- EUC Articles
- EUC Buyers Guide: Wheel Types
- Best EUC Wheels for $1,000
- Best EUC Wheels for $2,000
- Best EUC Wheels for $3,000
- Best Beginner Commuter EUC's
- Best Advanced Performance EUC's
- Best Extreme Performance EUC's
- Best Electric Unicycle Dealers & Manufacturers
- Veteran Sherman MAX is ready for preorder
International Electric Scooter and Unicycle Distributors:
Check out the Best Personal Electric Vehicle Dealers in Europe, Asia, and South America:
- EMEA + APAC Dealers & Distributors: FASTRIDE, Dualtron Russia, Dualtron Mega Store, SoloRueda, Dualtron Colombia, Kaabo Philippines, eWheels Thailand, Dualtron Greece, Dualtron Chile, MiniMotors Nordic, MiniMotors Korea, Dualtron Ukraine, iScoot Australia, WEPED Australia, WEPED Korea, Czech Republic: Eco Vehicle, Dualtron Turkey, Dualtron Serbia, EUC Sale, Dualtron Indonesia, New Zealand: eScoozi, UK: Ride + Glide
Coupons & Deals:
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save 15% OFF Boblbee Backpacks Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 7% off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
NEW VIDEO: Dualtron City Electric Scooter
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.