How to bleed Magura Brakes on Electric Scooter
Bleeding Magura brakes have a high learning curve for beginners and are not for the faint of heart. The great thing about learning to bleed is that once you get it down the first time, the subsequent bleeds will be quick, easy, and clean!
Need help finding the right Dualtron scooter? Check out the MiniMotors USA Dualtron Comparison Guide and Dualtron finder Quiz. Both of these apps will help you find the right Dualtron model for your needs.
Learning How to Bleed Magura Brakes
The process, the tools involved, and dealing with oil “leaking” and “bleeding” from the hydraulic hose was quite stressful. I set myself up for the task of installing and bleeding Maguras for my Dualtron Eagle Pro and Dualtron Ultra 2 electric scooters after watching a few YouTube videos and getting a lot of advice from my friend Ronel. For riders looking to install Maguras, check out my video and written instructions below. Hopefully, this will help you with your Magura install and answer any burning questions about the Magura bleed job!
- Magura Bleed Kit
- Bleed blocks
- Magura Royal Blood Mineral oils
- Hex Keys
- Torx 25 Key
- Paper Towel
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Plastic bags
How to bleed Magura brakes
- Remove caliper brake pads and screws
- Place plastic bags under lever and caliper
- Pour royal blood in cup
- Fill syringes with 1/2 for lever syringe, 3/4 for caliper syringe
- Remove bleed screw from caliper and insert lever syringe securely
- Remove rear caliper, remove bleed screw, insert caliper syringe, make sure its tight, so it doesnt leak as much oil
- Carefully pump caliper syringe until 1/4 oil is left in syringe
- Check the top syringe for bubbles
- Pump top syringe slowly, check bottom syringe for bubbles, until 1/4 oil is left
- Pump each syringe back and forth until no more bubbles
- Pull on the brake lever 3-4 times, this will help eliminate bubbles in the hose
- Slowly push the syringe oil from bottom to top and revserse. Be-careful not to do this too fast or hard, this can lead to oil leaking from caliper or lever bleed ports!!
- When theres no more bubbles, you can see a solid blue color in the hose/syringe.
- Remove bottom syringe, add bleed screw and tighten, make sure nothing is loose and no oil is leaking
- Remove syringe from top lever, and add bleed screw and tighten
- Clean both tools, lever, and caliper with rubbing alcohol and paper Towel
- Align caliper and pads to rotor, spin tire to make sure no rubbing occurs
- Test out lever, squeeze lever, make sure the pads bite strongly. When pulling lever, push scooter, you’ll notice the sudden bite from the caliper
- Clean oil and mess
- Enjoy your refreshed brakes!
You may also like:
More Minimotors Electric Scooter Resources
- Dualtron Shopping Guide
- Dualtron Owners Guide: Maintenance Tips & Tricks
- How to reach Dualtron Top Speed
- Futecher Gun Pro Spec Review
- Dualtron Storm Spec Review
- Dualtron Eagle Pro Review
- Dualtron 3 Top Speed
- Dualtron Thunder Top Speed
- Dualtron Eagle Pro Top Speed
- Dualtron Eagle Pro Battery Range
- Which Commuter Dualtron is right for you?
- Dualtron Eagle Pro User Manual
- Dualtron Storm User Manual
- Magura Installation on Dualtron Eagle Pro
- Dualtron Headset Rebuilt and wobble repair
- How to Bleed Magura Brakes on Dualtron Eagle Pro
- How to Install Magura Brakes on Dualtron Eagle Pro
- How to Change Tires on Dualtron Ultra 2
- Dualtron Eagle Pro Tire Change
- Dualtron Folding Clamp Upgrade
- Dualtron Fast Charger Tips
- Dualtron Essential Maintenance tools
- Dualtron Errex Speed Damper Installation
- Dualtron Mini Top Speed
- Dualtron Handlebar Upgrade
- Dualtron BPM Speed Damper Installation
- Dualtron Black Friday Deals and Coupon Code
- Dualtron Cyber Monday Deals and Coupon Code
Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is derived from extensive research, user reviews, and publicly available information. Our aim is to provide accurate and up-to-date content; however, it is crucial to understand that the opinions expressed are based on the information available at the time of writing. We strongly encourage readers to conduct their own thorough research and carefully evaluate their individual needs before making any purchasing decisions.eWheels 2023 Summer Deals and New Launches are here!!! Cheap, reliable, and powerful! TurboAnt Electric Scooters 2023 Sale!
2023 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save $50 off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.