More Dualtron Eagle Pro Articles:
2020 MiniMotors Dualtron Eagle Pro Review
I’m Vrooomin! I’m based in New York City and work in the tech industry as a Front End Developer. I have owned my Eagle Pro for eight months and love it and the PEV community.
Why the Dualtron Eagle Pro?
I purchased my Dualtron Eagle Pro in March 2020. Before buying the Eagle Pro, I also owned a Dualtron Mini. The Mini was a great beginner scooter, but after a month, I upgraded to an Eagle Pro for the dual motors and higher voltage and amp hour battery. Other Options I considered include Zero 10x, Mantis Pro, and Dualtron Victor. Those lower-priced 52V double motor options were sold out and were not unavailable at the time. I am so happy that they are and am very satisfied with the more premium Dualtron choice.
The Eagle Pro is an excellent entry into high performance electric scooters. Sporting dual 40 MPH motors, and a 60 lbs chassis, the Eagle is a Pro is a great compromise between power and portability. Only thing I would upgrade is the mechanical brakes to hydraulic.
Check out MiniMotors USA, they have some of the best customer service and easy access of spare parts for maintenance.
For stronger electric scooter options, check out the Best 72V Electric Scooters.
How’s the torque and speed?
- Motor: MAX 3,300 watt BLDC dual hub motors
- Max Speed: 45 mph
- Climbing Grade: 47% or 25 degrees
This is the most common question whenever a curious stranger approaches me. I typically ride my Dualtron Eagle Pro between 15mph to 25mph in Economy mode. I rarely go past 25MPH in NYC unless I’m on a group ride or an empty stretch of road. On turbo mode, I can travel up to 40-44mph speeds!
How’s the battery range?
- Battery: 60 volt – 22.4 Ah – 1,344Wh – LG 3500 cells
- Charge time: 12 hours with standard charger
- Max mileage: 50 miles
The range on the Dualtron Eagle Pro has been pretty adequate to the specs on paper. At 184 lbs and riding on New York City streets, looking at my odometer and charging habits, I average around 40 miles per charge. For local usage, I am thrilled with my range. For group rides, I wish the battery would last longer when we go full speed; higher speeds on inclines will drain the battery faster.
When the battery is used, performance will decrease to protect the electrical components. While not significant, you will notice a difference in the top speed. This is a common reason riders will add on external batteries or opt for larger/heavier Dualtron models at the cost of portability.
How’s the build quality?
- Braking System: Front and Rear Mechanical Disc Brake with ABS Standard
- Max Load: 265 lbs
- Scooter Weight: 66 lbs
- Product Material: Frame and Handle are aviation grade 6082-T6 aluminum alloy, the shaft is SCM440 steel, and plastic covers
What do you love about the build?
The Dualtron Eagle Pro is built like a tank! At 66 bs, the power-to-weight ratio is perfect. It’s not too heavy, but it goes fast. I am thrilled with the build, quality, and finish. The handle is also sturdy! The Eagle is also very customizable! There are a ton of vendors that provide products to make your Eagle your own. Half the fun for me is ordering parts, installing them like legos, and chatting and riding with other riders who do the same!
What can be improved?
One thing I had was a minor stem wobble on the headset. I eventually changed the headset after 1500 miles as it got worse. Another thing is the stock breaks. They’re great for the first few hundred miles, but you’ll want to opt for semi-hydraulic brakes or full hydraulic as you go faster. Right now, I have the Magura MT5s installed on both rotors. Aside from that, the quality of Dualtron motors, battery, controller, and look and feel of the chassis is 2nd to none!
Is the Dualtron Eagle Pro worth it’s $2300 price tag?
With over 2000 miles, seven months of riding, countless grocery trip runs, commutes to work, and group rides, I can finally say the Dualtron Eagle Pro is worth its price tag! I recommend this model as an entry-level, high-performance scooter to a friend. I’m also playing with the idea of keeping this unit as a daily commuter and upgrading to a higher voltage and amp-hour model for long-range, high-speed group rides/road trips.
What Modifications do you have on your Dualtron Eagle Pro?
- Full fun Mountain bike handle bars
- Race Face handle bar clamp
- Race Face Grips
- Carbon Revo front and rear mud guard
- Carbon Revo Tow Handle
- Carbon Revo Spacers
- Carbon Revo Kiddy Bar
- Carbon Revo Light Holder
- Carbon Revo Black Deck Cover
- BPM Dual Clamp
- BPM Steering Damper
- SCM seat adaptor with MiniMotors Seat
- Cloud 9 Seat Cushion
- Ken Sonken Head set
- AliExpress 10×3 road tires
- Magura MT5 Brakes
- Maybe external battery to extend range and road trips
- Renthal Carbon Fiber Handlebars
- Touvt 10×3 Hybrid tires
What are your top 3 PEV’s that you are considering for your next purchase?
I would consider a Viper, Dualtron Ultra, and the Veteran Sherman. I love the progress and story that Michael Sha is showing with the Viper; it’s so promising to see the story and development of his Viper series and how it addresses some of the significant features of expected electric scooters.
Dualtrons have a special place in my heart; a 72V extreme performance scooter would be on the list for my next upgrade. The Dualtron Storm or Dualtron Ultra is up there in terms of options. For Veteran Sherman, I love my Gotway MCM5; I’m interested in upgrading to the next level, top-of-the-line 40mph EUC! If only money and space weren’t an issue, or else I’d have them all!
- Thanks fellas for your friendship and all of our epic PEV adventures.
- Also big shout out to the Dualtron Eagle Pro facebook group!
- Big Shout Out to Armor Dilloz, awesome team and product!
- Check out MiniMotors USA for a Dualtron Eagle Pro
You May Also Like
Dualtron Electric Scooters: What You Need to Know
Here are some of the main reasons why MiniMotors USA customers choose Dualtron scooters:
- Powerful – MiniMotors is the frontrunner of high-performance dual-motor electric scooters. Dualtron motors, controllers, and batteries are among the strongest available.
- Build Quality – When it comes to quality, MiniMotors has a solid track record of producing scooters with cutting-edge electronics that are easy to maintain and cost-effective for the average rider to own.
- Easy Maintenance – Scooters, compared to automobiles, are a fun, robust, and low-maintenance mode of transportation. Brake and tire service are two of the most common maintenance items.
- Spare Parts – All MiniMotors scooters have a large selection of spare parts available from MiniMotors. You can order or get any parts for your vehicle’s upkeep. Check out MiniMotors for more information.
- Customer Service – MiniMotors USA’s customer service team is available by phone and email to answer questions about maintenance, repairs, and accessory suggestions. The quality of MiniMotors USA’s service and products is well-known.
Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is derived from extensive research, user reviews, and publicly available information. Our aim is to provide accurate and up-to-date content; however, it is crucial to understand that the opinions expressed are based on the information available at the time of writing. We strongly encourage readers to conduct their own thorough research and carefully evaluate their individual needs before making any purchasing decisions.eWheels 2023 Summer Deals and New Launches are here!!! Cheap, reliable, and powerful! TurboAnt Electric Scooters 2023 Sale!
2023 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save $50 off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.