💪 Hi friends! We hope you find our content useful! Make sure to use our affiliate links, it helps support our site and keep the fresh content, apps, videos, and updates coming. Ride safe!
- Team VROOOMIN
Dualtron Thunder, High Performance Electric Scooter
The Thunder isn’t what you’d call a “first-time commuter” electric scooter. Not at all. No, you won’t be able to effortlessly hoist this scooter into the trunk of your car. She’s heavy. The Thunder has a large body, sturdy chassis, 5,400W dual hub motors, and a 2,060WH LG battery pack, weighing in at 95 pounds. The Thunder, by the way, reaches a top speed of 50 miles per hour in its highest settings.
- Dualtron Thunder is one of the fastest electric scooters in the market
- This scooter is large, heavy, and powerful, not for most beginner scooter riders
- The drivetrain is a solid upprade for advanced riders who want more power, speed, torque, and a quality chassis
- The Thunder’s chassis is built for off-roading and is the choice scooter for modders to build 72V to 100V custom builds
The Thunder was the world’s fastest electric scooter when it first appeared. While it no longer holds the title, the Thunder is still stronger and quicker than 99 percent of electric scooters on the market three joyful years later! The Thunder has the heart and muscle to keep your adrenaline pumping over and over again, thanks to its 5,400W motors, 40 amp controllers, and 2,050WH battery pack.
Dualtron Thunder Drivetrain
– One of the fastest electric scooters in the world
– Capable of 50 MPH and 5,400 watts for the thrill seekers
Check out MiniMotors USA, they have some of the best customer service and easy access of spare parts for maintenance.
For similar electric scooter options, check out the Best 72V Electric Scooters.
Whats the Thunders Top Speed & Cruising Speed?
The Thunder was meant for experienced riders or learners who ride with caution at moderate speeds, as 5,400W is a lot of electric current for beginners. On an electric scooter, 50 mph is extremely fast; keep in mind that you’ll need to max out all of your settings and have enough battery capacity to get there.
For most people, we usually dial down the settings for neighborhood and bike lanes, day to day cruising speeds range from 15-35 mph, depending on the person.
- Top Speed: 45-50 MPH
- Cruising Speed: 15-40 MPH
Dualtron Thunder Battery Pack
The battery pack is the heart of an electric scooter, while the motors are the muscle and the controllers are the brain! MiniMotors’ Dualtron battery packs only use high-quality battery cells and BMSs. The LG MJ1 lithium ion cells that power the Dualtron Thunder are among the best in the industry, with great current and stability. These cells are rated for 500 cycles, which means they might survive for almost 10,000 miles before showing signs of wear.
- Built with MJ1 cells, some of the best in the industry
- Dualtron battery packs are known for quality and high power
Dualtron Thunder Range
What does all of this indicate? The Thunder is made to last and can provide a range of up to 75 miles in low torque settings. The Thunder will generate anywhere from 30-40 miles of high-speed riding in high torque and high-speed settings. The Thunder’s real-world range varies depending on a few factors, but it’s usually between 30-75 miles.
- Low Speed Range: 50-75 miles
- High Speed Range: 30-45 miles
Dualtron Thunder Chassis
Consider whether the Thunder is one of the most attractive electric scooters on the market. The answer is yes, and not only that, but the chassis is strong, dependable, and designed for off-road riding. The Thunder’s chassis is made of aviation grade aluminum alloy, steel, and hard plastic, and it’s ready to take a beating (though we don’t recommend it). It’s one of the strongest and most modular chassis on the market, making it a modder’s dream to build 70 or even 90 MPH electric scoters on top of.
- 4th Generation Dualtron chassis, one of the most advanced chassis in the market
- Favorite scooter for modding and going pas 70-90 MPH
- One of best designed and quality chassis, most other chassis look cheap and unfinished
Dualtron Thunder Key Features
Cartridge suspension system – these allow you to control the suspension system for hard (high speed) and soft (off road) settings. You can also adjust height of the Thunder, essentially lower or raising the scooters height
Modular Wheel Design – Tire changes should be easy, the Thunders modular wheel design makes changing 11×4 tubeless road tires relatively easy for most riders.
EYE LCD Display – The EYE display is one of the most innovative displays on the market. It functions as a throttle, voltmeter, acceleration curve, battery performance, and controller for all of the Thunders essential functions and settings.
Mood Lighting – The Thunder has some of the best LED lightings on the stem and under deck. This allows for more visibility and customizations of led colors while riding!
Hydraulic Brakes – With all that torque and speed, the Thunder is equipped with Nutt hydraulic brakes, making stopping at high speed a breeze.
Customizations – The Thunder is one of the most popular and heavily modded electric scooters in the market. Everything from the tires, handlebars, deck covers, to even the handle bar grips, the Thunder is customized to make each riders scooter their own. Check out the Dualtron Owners Guide for inspiration.
- Riding Experience: Firm suspension and large tires for high speed and smoothing out bumps and gravel
- Comfort: large deck for foot space and comfort, and heavy chassis for stability at high speed
- Stopping Power: Solid hydraulic brake and 160mm rotor combo for high speed and low speed
- Technology: High end throttle/display for customizing acceleration, battery performance and ride info
- Maintenance: Doable, easy to maintain, once you purchase the tools and watch how to videos.
- Check out the Dualtron Owners Guide for more maintenance information.
Is the Dualtron Thunder right for me?
Why the Thunder isn’t right for you
The Thunder is a massive, heavy, strong, and costly beast. If you don’t agree with any of these qualities, the Thunder isn’t for you. Instead, I’d go for a smaller, less powerful, and lighter scooter.
Why you would want the Thunder
The Thunder is for you if you desire power, comfort, speed, stability, and one of the most popular and attractive 50 MPH electric scooters on the market. The Thunder will deliver size, performance, speed, and range at a price of $3,700. Yes, you could purchase a used car (albeit a run-down one) for that money, but how much fun would it be to ride a beat-up, run-down Toyota Camry against a brand new 50 MPH electric scooter? MiniMotors USA offers same-day or next-day shipping, so you’ll get your Thunder in no time.
Warranty and Customer Service
Dualtrons are fantastic right out of the box. To get started riding, simply fill the tires, inspect the bolts and locks, then dispose of the box and packaging materials. Check to ensure if your battery is at least 70% charged before setting off on your scooter excursions! MiniMotors USA offers a 6-month scooter components guarantee and a 12-month battery pack warranty. If you have any problems with your Dualtron, the guys at MiniMotors have a reputation for excellent customer service and will walk you through any issues or send replacement parts if necessary.
Dualtron Thunder Electric Scooter Specs
- Motor: MAX 5,400 watt BLDC dual hub motor
- Battery: 60 volt – 35 Ah – 2,060Wh – LG 3500 cells
- Charge time: 20 hours with standard charger, 10 hours with 2 standard chargers, 5.3 hours with the quick charger
- Max mileage: 75 miles (mileage may vary depending on rider weight and road conditions)
- Max Speed: 50 mph
- Climbing Grade: 47% or 25 degrees depending on rider weight and state of charge
- Braking System: Hydraulic brakes with ABS standard and 160mm disks
- Max Load: 265 lbs
- Scooter Weight: 95 lbs
- Product Material: Frame and Handle are aviation grade 6082-T6 aluminum alloy, the shaft is SCM440 steel, and plastic covers
Dualtron Electric Scooters: What You Need to Know
Here are some of the main reasons why MiniMotors USA customers choose Dualtron scooters:
- Powerful – MiniMotors is the frontrunner of high-performance dual-motor electric scooters. Motors, controllers, and batteries from Dualtron are among the strongest available.
- Build Quality – When it comes to quality, MiniMotors has a solid track record of producing scooters with cutting-edge electronics that are easy to maintain and cost-effective for the average rider to own.
- Easy Maintenance – Scooters, in comparison to automobiles, are a fun, powerful, and low-maintenance mode of transportation. Brake and tire service are two of the most common maintenance items.
- Spare Parts – All MiniMotors scooters have a large selection of spare parts available, you can order or get any part you need for your vehicle’s upkeep. Check out MiniMotors USA for more information.
- Customer Service – MiniMotors USA’s customer service team is available by phone and email to answer questions about maintenance, repairs, and accessory suggestions. The quality of MiniMotors USA’s service and products is well-known.
You May Also Like
Editor's Note: VROOOMIN.COM reports the advertised speed and range from the manufacturer. The exact results will vary depending on the rider's weight, overall payload, road conditions, and charge level. Most PEVs will deliver at least 60-70 percent of the quoted range, if not more. The top speed and range will be decreased for heavier riders.
2022 Electric Scooters:
- Got a minute? Take a quick 4 question survey to help improve VROOOMIN.COM
- North America: For quality electric scooters and customer service, visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, and Voro Motors.
- Best Dualtron Electric Scooters
- Best Kaabo Electric Scooters
- Best VSETT Electric Scooters
- Best INOKIM Electric Scooters
- Best EVOLV Electric Scooters
- Best Electric Scooters Under $500
- Best Electric Scooters for $1,000
- Best Electric Scooters for $1,500
- Best Electric Scooters for $2,000
- Best Electric Scooters for $3,000
- Best Electric Scooters for $5,000
2022 Electric Unicycles:
- EUC Buyers Guide: 14 Tips, Tricks, Features, Specs explained
- EUC Articles
- EUC Buyers Guide: Wheel Types
- Best EUC Wheels for $1,000
- Best EUC Wheels for $2,000
- Best EUC Wheels for $3,000
- Best Beginner Commuter EUC's
- Best Advanced Performance EUC's
- Best Extreme Performance EUC's
- Best Electric Unicycle Dealers & Manufacturers
- Veteran Sherman MAX is ready for preorder
International Electric Scooter and Unicycle Distributors:
Check out the Best Personal Electric Vehicle Dealers in Europe, Asia, and South America:
- EMEA + APAC Dealers & Distributors: FASTRIDE, Dualtron Russia, Dualtron Mega Store, SoloRueda, Dualtron Colombia, Kaabo Philippines, eWheels Thailand, Dualtron Greece, Dualtron Chile, MiniMotors Nordic, MiniMotors Korea, Dualtron Ukraine, iScoot Australia, WEPED Australia, WEPED Korea, Czech Republic: Eco Vehicle, Dualtron Turkey, Dualtron Serbia, EUC Sale, Dualtron Indonesia, New Zealand: eScoozi, UK: Ride + Glide
Coupons & Deals:
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save 15% OFF Boblbee Backpacks Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 7% off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
NEW VIDEO: Dualtron City Electric Scooter
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.