Based in NYC, Kaiden is a Software Engineer who loves talking about delicious food, Thai boxing, grappling arts, and fast electric vehicles. His main go-to weekend must-haves were mouthwatering pizza, cheesy burgers, snappy unicycles, and ice-cold libations. Although lately, he’s been consuming unsalted air fryer chicken, filtered tap water, and green smoothies, walking to work because he’s in his late 30s and his metabolism just isn’t the same. He is finally accepting it.
Are you looking to improve your commute?
MiniMotors USA has just restocked the Speedway Five 3600W High-Performance electric scooter, weighing 70 pounds and reaching a top speed of 40 mph. High-performance scooters are heavy, powerful, fast, and a real treat for riders new to electric scooters.
Speedway Five is one of MiniMotor USA’s most popular 40+ mph electric scooters, as it offers all of the premium Dualtron features at a more affordable price.
- Budget friendly 40 mph scooter
- First Dual Motor Scooter in the Speedway Lineup
- First Speedway with dual motors
- Upgraded chassis from the Speedway 4
- Ranks in the middle of the MiniMotors performance line up
- Fantastic model for riders looking to go past 30 into 40 mph!
The Speedway Five is an excellent mid-level commuter electric scooter for riders hungry for power, range, and dependability at a reasonable price. Take into account how this massive 1404WH machine can provide over 75 miles of enjoyable riding while also saving you time and energy!
News & Events:
The dual-motor Speedway Five is an excellent choice for riders looking to upgrade from their $1,000 scooters, merging high performance with a reliable, tested, and sleek sports electric scooter.
With a 40 mph top speed, the Speedway Five is more than good at getting you to work, the supermarket, and the dentist. The Speedway Five was designed for riders who want more control while ascending steep hills, commuting across town, and keeping consistent with traffic.
Along with time and environmental savings, electric scooter riders obsess over motor wattage specifications, torque, and top speed. With dual BLDC 3600W motors capable of speeds up to 40 mph, the Speedway Five will save you money on your commute! While Five riders will not always cruise at 40 mph, most people will travel at around 20-25 mph to make it to work on time.
The Five has plenty of punch and torque, thanks to its 3600W max 60 27A controllers, which easily propel riders up steep 37% climbs. The Speedway signature EYE trigger throttle controls the Speedway Five, allowing riders to customize the scooter’s torque, acceleration, and battery performance modes.
Riders can opt for adrenaline drenching acceleration or steady cruising to conserve battery power on long commutes. The Five is also equipped with Mechanical Disc brakes (Regen), which enable riders to come to a complete stop and maintain full control of their speed.
The Five weighs in at 70 pounds, making it a substantial High-Performance electric scooter. While it is capable of short trips to the grocery store, it is best suited for long-distance, high-speed rides.
- Top Speed: The Five can reach 40+ mph with a full battery. Riders need to adjust the acceleration, battery mode, and power output to reach max speed.
- Cruising Speed: Five riders average between 15-35 mph smooth cruising speeds. Most riders average between 15-28 mph in local neighborhoods.
- Motor Power: 3600W Dual BLDC Motors
- Gradient: The Five is rated to climb 37% slopes and can easily traverse steep hills, bridges, and inclines.
- Brakes: Mechanical Disc brakes (Regen) provide excellent stopping power.
- Controller: Speedway 60 27A Controllers, reliable and tested for high-speed applications.
- Usage: City riding, light off-road, short-range, long-range, everyday commuting, steep hills
The Speedway is powered by a 1404 watt-hour 60 volt SincPower lithium-ion battery pack with a range of 75 miles on a single charge. While some riders may achieve the advertised capacity, the majority of riders will reach approximately 60% of the advertised range.
The Speedway is powered by SincPower cells with a capacity of 2500mAh and a discharge rate of 10A. SincPower cells are among the best in affordable performance cell category, with a strong reputation for durability, affordability, and a life expectancy of well over 400 charge cycles before performance degrades noticeably.
- Battery Pack: 60V 23.4AH SincPower battery Pack, 1404WH
- Charge Ports: Dual 3 Pin charge ports
- Charger: 72V 1.5A Stock charger
- Fast Charger: Available
- Charge Time: 13
- Advertised Range: 75 Miles
- Real World Range: 40+ Miles
Handling, Comfort, Ride Features
Experienced riders are committed to finding the best riding amenities and expect manufacturers to innovate and improve the rider experience on electric scooters.
The Five features an ergonomic “EYE” finger throttle, foldable handlebars, and rubber grips for complete control while riding through parks or driving down the coast.
While the Speedway 5 can take things off the road, the suspension and tire system excels on city road applications. The Five’s 10×2.5″ wide tubeless tires and Dual Spring Air Shocks Suspension smooth down uneven roads and eliminate road vibrations when navigating challenging terrain.
When commuting along lengthy highways at a modest speed, engage the cruise control option, which maintains a constant speed without tiring out your index finger. The Five comes equipped with LED headlights, taillights, a brake light, and side led lights for added visibility.
- Throttle: Finger Throttle for precise acceleration control
- Grips: Rubber grips provide a secure grip on the handlebars.
- Suspension: Suspension system with dual spring air shocks that is suitable for off-road and high-speed applications
- Tires: Tubeless tires 10×2.5″ wide for increased grip, comfort, and acceleration. Tubeless tires are less prone to flats.
- Headlights: Front deck lighting improves visibility of the ride path.
- Tailights: Rear deck lights for braking and visibility.
- Ambient Lights: Side deck lighting for ambiance and visibility.
- Turning Signals: n/a
- Horn: n/a
Build Quality, Chassis, Maintenance
The Five is a powerful machine with a solid reputation for high-quality construction, dependability, and ease of maintenance. Thousands of riders globally have put the Five through its paces on the road, making it a favorite for high-speed riding while remaining inexpensive.
Riders may be confident that the design, manufacture, quality assurance, and materials used by MiniMotors result in a durable scooter that will endure thousands of miles on the road. The Speedway 5 has had no significant concerns.
Each scooter relies on Speedway and MiniMotor’s existing intellectual property, allowing easy maintenance and spare parts access. When you spend $2,100 on a sports electric scooter, you want one that is made to endure and is simple to fix.
- Design: Geometry optimized for speed and off-road capability. The Five’s looks and performance merit its hefty price tag.
- Build Materials: The chassis of the Five is constructed of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, SCM440 steel, and hard plastics. Aviation grade aluminum is frequently used in high-stress applications such as bridges, cranes, and aircraft.
- Maintenance: In comparison to a car, the Five is relatively simple to maintain. Riders would require the proper tools to change their brake pads and tires. There are numerous online videos available for reference.
- Spare Parts: MiniMotors USA maintains an extensive inventory of spare parts for all of their customers. The most frequently replaced components include tires, brake pads, accessories, and lighting.
- Weight: At 70 pounds, the Five is a substantial scooter, which is ideal for high-speed stability. It is not ideal for portability, transportation between buses, or ascending stairwells.
- Electronics and Drivetrain: The batteries, controllers, and motors used in speedway have a long life. Their engines, controllers, and batteries can be swapped out after a few years. Individual drivetrain components are rarely repaired by owners. Replacing faulty components with new ones is more safe and convenient.
- Maxload: The Five Chassis can support riders weighing up to 265 pounds, which is more than enough for the majority of riders. The heavier the rider, the lower the top speed and range.
- Handlebars: Telescoping folding handlebars for easy storage.
- Folding Mechanism: The Speedway’s three-step pin folding mechanism ensures a solid, secure, and simple folding mechanism for storage.
- Portability: The Five weighs in at 70 pounds. It easily fits into car trunks, office spaces, and apartments. For riders who must lift the scooter up a flight of stairs on a daily basis, 70 lbs can be quite heavy.
- Chassis Improvements: The Five features a second generation Speedway chassis that includes an upgraded folding clamp, improved swing arms, a robust kickstand, a larger deck, and a led kick tail.
- After Market Upgrades: Dampers, stem clamps, and MTB handlebars are all available as aftermarket upgrades.
Is the Speedway Five right for you?
Choosing the ideal 40 mph scooter does not have to be complicated. Countless riders rely on MiniMotors Dualtron to meet their speed and performance requirements. The Five is hard to beat if you’re looking for a fast, powerful, heavy, and reliable sports electric scooter. At $2,100, the Five is a significant and costly investment. Five riders attest to its power, performance, and dependability.
Reasons To Buy:
- Powerful 40+ mph budget electric scooter
- 1404WH Battery pack that provides 40+ miles of real-world range
- Reliable and tested model
Reasons To Avoid:
- At 70 lbs, the scooter is not portable by any means
- $2,100 is expensive. You can find even cheaper models with 35+ MPH performance
For similar models in the Speedway Five Category, consider the Dualtron Eagle Pro, Dualtron Victor, Dualtron Mini, and Bluetran Lightning.
For the price, the Speedway 5 is an excellent dual motor electric scooter. There are faster and slower electric scooters that cost more and less than the Speedway 5, but none of them have the Speedway 5’s aggressive sporty chassis and low price.
If you’re a budget rider who doesn’t have 3-5K to spend on an extreme performance electric scooter, the Speedway 5 will be a good value and will meet the majority of your commuting needs.
Pros: Excellent value for 40 MPH performance and additional features. You can’t beat the price and value; other scooters with comparable performance cost much more. The Speedway 5’s power, price, and size will satisfy the majority of riders.
Cons: For some riders, a top speed of 40 MPH may not be enough and they will want more. You could ride the Speedway 5 on a daily basis and a more powerful scooter on weekends and for fun rides. The Speedway 5 is also on the heavier side; there are lighter scooters that can reach speeds of up to +30 MPH. I would also prefer hydraulic brakes for a 40 MPH scooter, whereas mechanical brakes keep the price low.
For more range and speed, check out the Best 30 MPH Electric Scooters, Best 40 MPH Electric Scooters, Best 50 MPH Electric Scooters, and Best 72V Electric Scooters. These performance scooters are more expensive and more fun, and worth every single penny!
More 2022 MiniMotors Electric Scooters:
💪 Hi friends! We hope you find our content useful! Make sure to use our affiliate links, it helps support our site and keep the fresh content, apps, videos, and updates coming. Ride safe!
- Team VROOOMIN
Editor's Note: VROOOMIN.COM reports the advertised speed and range from the manufacturer. The exact results will vary depending on the rider's weight, overall payload, road conditions, and charge level. Most PEVs will deliver at least 60-70 percent of the quoted range, if not more. The top speed and range will be decreased for heavier riders.
2022 Electric Scooters:
- Got a minute? Take a quick 4 question survey to help improve VROOOMIN.COM
- North America: For quality electric scooters and customer service, visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, and Voro Motors.
2022 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save 15% OFF Boblbee Backpacks Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 7% off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.