Based in NYC, Kaiden is a Software Engineer who loves talking about delicious food, Thai boxing, grappling arts, and fast electric vehicles. His main go-to weekend must-haves were mouthwatering pizza, cheesy burgers, snappy unicycles, and ice-cold libations. Although lately, he’s been consuming unsalted air fryer chicken, filtered tap water, and green smoothies, walking to work because he’s in his late 30s and his metabolism just isn’t the same. He is finally accepting it.
Coupon Codes & Deals:
Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Code: VROOOMIN
Save $50 off VSETT, Begode, King Song, Segway with Code: VROOOMIN
Get $50 worth of accessories at Apollo scooters with Code: VROOOMIN
MiniMotors USA Releases Specs for Dualtron Thunder 3
The best scooter on the planet just got even better! Announcing the new MiniMotors Dualtron Thunder 3 Electric Scooter. This new version of the Thunder boasts a formal waterproof rating of IPX5, the new MiniMotors folding clamp, comes stock with a damper, Ey4 display system with app compatibility, and 60 watts of headlight power to ensure the path ahead is always lit.
The motors have been completely redesigned for higher efficiency and more power. The brakes have been upgraded to the new Nutt 4 Piston braking system, which features rigid calipers with an integrated cooling system.
This baby is fast, with dual controllers running 50amps each and an overtake function pushing output to 65amps per controller. Set the trend with the new Thunder 3!
Limited availability. Thunder 3’s are expected to ship out in late April.
MiniMotors Teases the 72V 40AH LG Dualtron Thunder 3
Where have those guys been hiding out at MiniMotors? Looking back, we can see that they put out a lot of new models annually, with two or three new models coming out every year. Since they haven’t said much in the past few months, we didn’t know about their latest invention—or, more accurately, upgrade—until now.
With its 72V/40AH LG battery pack, upgraded replaceable shocks, 4-piston sports hydraulic brakes, and IPX7 waterproof EY4 display, the Dualtron Thunder 3 is sure to impress.
- Price: $4,499.00
- Dualtron Thunder 3 is a refresh of the Thunder franchise
- Likely to be a +60 MPH 72V40AH LG Extreme scooter
- New upgrades include a display, folding stem, lamps, damper, suspension
- Thunder is the top-performing model of the Dualtron franchise
- Also check out the Teverun Fighter Supreme as an alternative model
New EY4 Display
If you’ve been keeping up with the release of the Dualtron X Limited, you’ll know that these newer models feature an EY4 display, and about damn time, too; the EY3 show was significantly smaller and less feature-rich than the competition. The Thunder 3 has a new folding stem latch; why did it take so long to implement this feature? That it improves folding convenience significantly is a big plus.
MiniMotors USA Specs:
- Controller: Dual 50amp with 65amp overtake function
- Battery: 72volt 40Ah
- Max mileage: 125 miles
- Max Speed: 55+
- Braking System: 4 Piston Nutt
- Scooter Weight: coming soon
- Product Material: Frame and Handle are aviation grade 6082-T6 aluminum alloy, the shaft is SCM440 steel, and plastic covers
- Power: 11000 W Dual Motor
- Max Speed: 25 km/h * | 100 km/h **
- Range: Up to 170 km
- Battery: LG M50T 72V 40Ah
- Charging time: 26h
- Fast charge: 8h
- Weight: 47.3 Kg
- Max Load: 120 Kg
- Suspensions: Front and Rear, 5 Kinds Of Cartridges
- Braking: NUTT Hydraulic Disk Brakes (160mm) + Magnetic
- Wheels: 11″ Tubless – Ultra Wide
- Regulatory: Headlights | LED Tail Light | Brake Lights | Warnings | Turning Lights
- Dimensions Unfolded: 1208 x 609 x 1267 mm (length x width x height)
- Dimensions Folded: 1208 x 317 x 577 mm (length x width x height)
- Dualtron Thunder 3: Credit Dualtron Shop
Added Features to Thunder 2 Frame
Besides the latch, he saw the two large front headlight beams and what might be the electronic horn. Though I haven’t decided yet, I’d like the lights mounted closer to the handlebars. I’m curious as to your thoughts. We’ll have to see one in person to understand better how it looks, but many scooters have that WALL-E vibe on their lower front lighting systems.
While not a deal breaker, it is something to think about as these engineers work to solve the headlight design conundrum. Nami’s lamp is in a great spot, the same one used by the Surron.
Furthermore, the Thunder 3 includes a mounted damper system, a Rubber deck cover, and what appears to be the same chassis, set alarms, kick tail, and mudguards as the second iteration of the Thunder.
60+ MPH Extreme Performance Electric Scooter
We haven’t seen any performance specs, but I guess it’s a 60 mph scooter like the one before it, with some nice added extras that scooter riders wouldn’t normally expect to find on a high-powered scooter. Thanks to their upgraded firmware, we’ve also heard that their upgraded square wave controllers can compete with sinewave controller systems.
How do you feel about that?
Can you hardly wait for the release of Thunder 3? Also, Thunder 2s can still be purchased today, and once the Thunder 3 is released, the price could drop.
MiniMotors Electric Scooters
2023 Electric Scooters:
- Got a minute? Take a quick 4 question survey to help improve VROOOMIN.COM
- North America: For quality electric scooters and customer service, visit MiniMotors USA, eWheels, Bluetran USA, Rev Rides, Ubran Machina, and Voro Motors.
2023 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save $50 off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.