eWheels releases updates on the Veteran Patton
We’ve just received an exclusive update from eWheels regarding their latest batch of the highly sought-after Veteran Patton electric unicycl
- First Shipment:
- 28 units currently underway, ETA: First week of next month
- Covers deposits placed up until March 25th
- Additional Units from Batch 1:
- 72 units, same production batch
- ETA: June 12th, plus standard port-processing time
- Availability based on tire & suspension preference ratio
- Expected to cover deposits from March 25th to present
- Further Shipment:
- 28 units with 66lb shocks
- Wrapped up next week, ETA: Late June
- Primarily for new deposits
- All Pattons arriving within a few weeks of each other
- Option to change initial suspension to 66lb shocks
- Independent QC checks performed on all productions
- Battery packs, tire fittings, motors/bearings, etc., verified
Stay tuned for more updates and rest assured that eWheels is diligently working to fulfill your orders and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
eWheels releases the latest Leaperkim Veteran Patton video trailer and specs
The much-anticipated 126V Veteran Patton Electric unicycle finally got a new trailer and review video, thanks to the wonderful folks at eWheels and Leaperkim. The PEV community is astounded by this wheel’s outstanding features and high-torque 7KW powertrain, which looks like a big-budget hit. The popularity of his predecessors, the Veteran Sherman OG, Veteran Sherman MAX, and Veteran Sherman-S, has everyone enthusiastic about this colossal wheel.
The Veteran Abrams taught us some valuable lessons about quality control… Good thing the Leaperkim folks have doubled down quality, so much so that the EUC community has forgiven them, making pre-orders for this wheel that are selling out quickly. This beast of a battle tank wheel features an 18″ high torque motor, 126V 2,220WH Samsung 50E battery pack, and a 39KG chassis thats causing a stir in the PEV sector!
- eWheels releases the latest HD version of the Veteran Patton Promotion trailer
- Jack and eWheels releases a full Veteran Patton review video
- The Patton is the most robust 18″ wheel, harnessing a 126V drivetrain that can scale the steepest of climbs
Leaperkim 126V Veteran Patton Electric Unicycle
The Veteran Patton is an extreme-performance 7KW electric unicycle to provide the ultimate one-wheel all-terrain experience. This durable, heavy-weight performance package allows the boldest of EUC riders to reach a top speed of 45-50 mph and easily traverse steep hills.
Through careful testing, the Leaperkim engineering team has fitted Patton’s drivetrain with a 3KW rated high torque motor, 24 X MOSFETs, and thicker gauge phase wires that can handle up to 680A of peak current! Some of the latest videos from Leaperkim showcase the Patton climbing steep gradients; its torque and speed combo is unmatched in the market.
- Shipping: Early May; place a preorder today to save your spot in line for the first batch
- Price: $3,099. With an initial $1,000 deposit & $2,099 payment before shipping out the machine. The Patton is a premium product with a high price tag; it competes directly with the Begode Master, King Song S22, and Begode Hero.
- Motor: 3,000W high-torque motor [7KW peak], a no-load max rotational speed of 70MPH (not riding speed!)
- Battery Pack: 2,220Wh/126V battery pack with the Samsung 50E battery cells (first of its kind)
- Control board: All new 126V electronics/controller, 24xMOSFETs with 680A peak load
- Suspension: Adjustable suspension shock system with a rebound of up to 80mm of travel for the ultimate plush ride experience
- Tires: Choice of knobby or street tire
Veteran Patton Video Review by Electric Dreams
Electric Dreams and eWheels released a sponsored video covering the Veteran Patton’s features, drivetrain, and build quality. View eWheel’s latest press releases here for more information.
Leaperkim’s First 126V Extreme Performance Electric Unicycle
All Terrain 18″ One Wheel
Power, durability, and comfort are the key traits that can be used to describe the highly anticipated 126V Veteran Patton electric unicycle. The Patton is a performance powerhouse and the latest flagship suspension electric unicycle from Leaperkim, a Chinese premium electric vehicle company specializing in one-wheeled personal mobility.
The Patton has a riding range of up to 70 miles on a single charge, thanks to its high-quality 2220 WH Samsung 50E battery pack. This heavyweight wheel has an aviation-grade aluminum alloy body that weighs 89 pounds. It also has anti-collision battery cases and a mid-mounted oil-based suspension system with 80mm of travel that makes riding over rough terrain as smooth as possible.
The Veteran Patton is one of the wheels with the best performance and excitement for 2023. EUC riders say that Patton’s torque is the peak of raw performance, and the quality of its construction could make it a massive hit in the EUC community. Let’s look at all the specs, features, and design decisions that make this the ultimate daily commuter and long-range adventurer wheel.
- Item name: Patton
- Free-spin speed:
- Normal mode: 52.8 mph
- High-speed mode: 65.2 mph
- Safe speed: 15.5 mph
- Motor power: 3000W
- Battery: Samsung 50E 21700 2220Wh, with overcharge, over-discharge, and charge port output short circuit protection
- Operating Temperature: -10°F to 176°F
- Max load: 264.6 lbs
- Charger: 126V, 5A
- Charging time: 4.5 hours (with 5A charger)
- Color: Black
- Dimension and Weight:
- Dimension: 20.9″ x 8″ x 26.4″
- Net weight: 89.3 lbs (86 lbs confirmed with Linnea Lin)
- Pedal size: 4.5″ x 11.8″
- Suspension: Mid-mounted regular suspension, preload adjustable, compression 12 clicks, rebound 18 clicks, shock absorption stroke: 3.1″
- Pedal: Magnesium alloy
- Control board: Double-layer control board
- Tire size: 3.0-12
- Trolley handle: Built-in folding design
- Display: Shows speed, voltage, mileage, mode, battery status, etc.
- Charge port: Dual charge port supports a maximum of 15A
- Headlight: 2000lm, 18W double lamp beads
- Taillight: Turning and braking warning light
- Fault self-verifying: Battery packs high-temperature warning, battery packs overcharged warning, battery packs high voltage warning, charging current over default value range warning, Hall error warning, vehicle overheat warning
- Angle cut-out setting: Front and rear decline angle settable to 68°, left and right angle settable from 35°-70°, configurable via the display
- Speed limit: Configurable from the display
- Low battery protection: 97.5V beeping and 94.5V tilt back in normal mode, 90V beeping and 87V angle back at low battery mode
- Overheat protection Other function: Code warning at 176°F
- Software: Various functions settable from the display. Supports data log
The Patton features are designed to give this industrial wheel an all-terrain design with useful everyday amenities.
- Display: The updated top-mounted parameter display has a more extensive interface, shows more technical parameters, has a two-layer inner and outer cover, and is better protected from rain.
- Trolley Handle: Leaperkim chose a classic studier handle over the newer folding style. These built-in handles are firmer, adjustable in height, and sturdier by design.
- Jumping Aide: The new front-mounted help gives you more control when going over rougher terrain. Leaperkim is the first to introduce this style of adjustable module. Please be aware that the Patton can’t reach its full potential without jumping pads that you buy separately. Leaperkim has not released side pads for this iteration. We stock aftermarket side pads that can be velcroed on the side panels for more control.
- Spiked Pedals: The adjustable pedals are made of Magnesium alloy, which makes them more durable, and they have loaded tension to make them more stable and stop them from flapping around when you’re getting on or off. The spikes have been improved from the last Sherman-S iteration and allow for more grip during acceleration and braking.
- External Buzzer: The external speaker will notify if the wheel is on a lower battery or near cut-out/brown-out speeds and loads. Riders can expect buzzing and tilt back when reaching lower battery voltages (97V, 94.5V, 87V)
- Lighting: 2000LM dual 18W headlights, a rear taillight, and auto-turning signals allow riders to see and be seen in day and night riding conditions. The lighting package on the Patton is some of the brightest lamps on the current market, allowing for safer riding conditions.
- Battery Capacity: 2220 Watt-hours
- Battery Voltage: 126
- Battery Cells: Samsung 50E (packs fitted with anti-collision battery cases)
- Weight: 89 lbs, 40KG
- Charger: 126.2 Volts / 3 amps / GX20-4, BMS capable of 15 max amps
- Cruising Speed: 45-50 MPH
- No Load Speed: 75 mph
- Motor Power: 3KW nominal, 7KW peak
- Motor Rim and Covers: Upgraded wider/thicker Magnesium alloy rim & covers for durability.
- Motor Covers: oil sealed and waterproof
- Tire Size: 18×3 (20”), knobby or street options available
- Lighting: 2000 LM 18W, Rear braking, and auto signal lights
- Suspension: 80mm travel, Mid Mounted suspension, 12/18 click rebound/compression
- Display: Top-mounted display, customize parameters, voltage, speed, angle tilt
- Trolley: Built-in telescoping trolley handle, improved durability, less play
- Kickstand: Rear-mounted kickstand
- Mudguards: Front and rear
- Pedals: Adjustable Magnesium alloy pedals
- Mobile App: Android app has just been released
Frequently Asked Questions
It is entirely dependent on who you ask. Patton enthusiasts require only a 2.2KWH battery pack, whereas Sherman riders require a 3.6KWH battery pack. Both wheels have the same motor, similar suspension, and a durable shell. The price point and battery pack are where they differ. The Sherman-S has a 61% larger battery pack and a significantly extended range than the Patton.
On the other hand, the Patton is 25% less expensive and has a 126V battery pack. Each model serves a different purpose, usually broken down by who wants to go the longest distance versus who wants to make the steeper hill climbs.
While Leaperkim claims a top speed of 50+ mph, early GPS tests of the Patton show it tops out at around 45+ mph. We’ll update this section once we get more field test results from these wheels.
The riding range of the Veteran Patton electric unicycle varies depending on several factors, including the rider’s total weight, acceleration style, local terrain, temperature, and battery voltage.
However, with its standard Samsung battery pack, the 2,220WH Veteran Patton can travel up to 70 miles on a single charge. EUC riders can realistically expect about 60% of the marketed riding range.
The Veteran Patton electric unicycle is quite heavy due to its durability, aluminum chassis, suspension system, and high-performance components. The Veteran Patton was designed by Leaperkim and weighed approximately 89 lbs out of the box, making it one of the heaviest 18″ wheels on the market.
The unicycle’s weight is due to its sturdy aluminum construction, powerful 3KW high torque motors, large 2.2KWH battery pack, and other high-end components. While the weight can make carrying or transporting it difficult in real life, it also provides stability and safety when riding at high speeds or on rough terrain.
The Veteran Patton electric unicycle’s average cruising speed can vary depending on the rider’s weight, riding style, roadways, and battery condition. However, on flat surfaces, the Veteran Patton can achieve a cruising speed of around 30-40 mph and a top speed of up to 50 mph in certain conditions.
The Veteran Patton is a high-performance electric unicycle designed for adrenaline seekers, but it’s essential always to follow local laws and regulations regarding personal electric vehicles and ride safely.
The charging time for the Veteran Patton electric unicycle varies depending on the battery pack’s capacity and the charging method used. However, using the standard charger with the unicycle, it takes approximately 6-7 hours to fully charge the standard battery pack of the Veteran Patton.
The optional fast charger can reduce charging time to 4-5 hours. It is important to note that ambient temperature, battery age, and charging conditions affect charging time. When setting the Veteran Patton, it is recommended that you follow Leaperkim’s instructions and safety guidelines and avoid overcharging the battery to extend its lifespan.
The Veteran Patton electric unicycle has a maximum load capacity of 320 lbs. It is important to note, however, that the weight limit can vary depending on various factors such as riding conditions, terrain, and the weight distribution of the rider and any additional accessories.
Exceeding the maximum load capacity can hurt the unicycle’s performance and safety, causing damage to the components and reducing the unicycle’s lifespan. To ensure the best performance and longevity of the Veteran Patton electric unicycle, adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines and safety instructions, and ride within the weight limit. We recommend the Begode EX30 or Sherman-S for much heavier riders.
A single BLDC motor in the center of the unicycle powers the Veteran Patton electric unicycle. Leaperkim, the company that makes the Veteran line of electric unicycles, designed and manufactured the motors.
With a combined peak power output of up to 7,000 watts, the Veteran Patton’s motors are powerful and high-performance, allowing the unicycle to achieve fast acceleration and high speeds and climb steep hills with ease.
The motors also use regenerative braking, which recharges the battery pack while braking and extends the unicycle range. The engine is also powered by Leaperkim’s 126V electric speed controller, which uses 24XMOSFETS and can handle a peak load of 680A!
Fastace mid-mount hydraulic suspension is used on the Veteran Patton electric unicycle to provide a comfortable and smooth ride even on rough terrain. On the most uneven roads, the suspension system consists of adjustable hydraulic shock absorbers with 80mm travel.
Suspension systems are designed to absorb road surface shocks and vibrations while providing excellent rider stability and control at high speeds. The suspension settings on the Veteran Patton can be adjusted to suit the rider’s preferences and the riding conditions, making it a versatile and customizable electric unicycle.
Yes, when compared to other 100V models on the market, the Veteran Patton electric unicycle is considered to be an expensive electric unicycle. The Veteran Patton’s price varies depending on region and dealer, but it generally ranges from $3,000 to $3,100 USD.
The high price reflects the unicycle’s high-end components, including powerful 7KW motors, a long-range Samsung battery, advanced features like the mid-mounted suspension system, aluminum chassis, and powerful 24XMOSFET controller system. The Veteran Patton is intended for enthusiasts who want to invest in a high-performance, long-lasting electric unicycle that offers a thrilling and comfortable ride.
However, before purchasing, consider the cost-benefit ratio and make sure the unicycle fits your needs and budget. Comparable models include the Veteran Sherman-S, King Song S22, and Begode EX30.
Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is derived from extensive research, user reviews, and publicly available information. Our aim is to provide accurate and up-to-date content; however, it is crucial to understand that the opinions expressed are based on the information available at the time of writing. We strongly encourage readers to conduct their own thorough research and carefully evaluate their individual needs before making any purchasing decisions.eWheels 2023 Summer Deals and New Launches are here!!! Cheap, reliable, and powerful! TurboAnt Electric Scooters 2023 Sale!
2023 Electric Unicycles:
Coupons & Deals:
- Save $50 off Kaabo and EMOVE electric scooters with Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- Apollo Scooters: Get $50 USD worth of free accessories, upgrades, or spare parts with the purchase of a scooter. Code: VROOOMIN
- REV Rides: Save $50 off Scooters and EUC's, Code: VROOOMIN
- Save 5% off Armor-Dilloz Code: VROOOMIN05
- Save $50 off EMOVE Cruiser Electric Scooter Coupon Code: VROOOMIN
- EVOLV Electric Scooters: Free Folding Lock (worth C$80) for every EVOLV model! Use Code: VROOOMIN-LOCK
To keep the site running and information flowing, Vrooomin.com participates in affiliate linking programs. We're also an Amazon Associate, which means we get paid for referring people to Amazon. Please support the channel by clicking on our links.