The Veteran Sherman is the most sought out Electric Unicycle on the market.
eWheel’s June 2021 batch of Shermans are now sold out, the mid/late August Batch is still available. Get on it before it’s too late. Sherman’s are never in stock for long, it’s best to place your deposit before the next shipment hits the Southern California ports.
- Veteran Shermans are always out of stock and on preorder
- Panasonic battery cells shortage causing production delays and higher cost for Sherman
- Veteran Shermans will be hard to get, limited production due to material shortage overseas
- Veteran Sherman is the pinnacle of Electric Unicycle Technology
- Largest 3,200Wh battery pack, 2,500W motor, 45 MPH Top Speed!
- Advanced wheel – not the best wheel for learning to ride EUC, but not impossible either
- The 77 lbs Sherman is heavy, good for long distances and high speed adventure
- Upgraded wider 60mm rim, updated pedal hangers, waterproofed top panel
- Shipped with the knobby Kenda Tire
- Designed by EX Gotway Engineers, who wanted the ultimate high-performance 20″ Wheel
- First EUC with an Top Dashboard displaying speed, mileage, voltage
- Sherman Price increased to $3,699 due to rising battery cell cost
- Compare the Veteran Sherman with 2021 Electric Unicycles
Veteran Sherman Electric Unicycle Review
Let me make this clear, the Sherman is a lot of things, and it’s sure as hell not for beginners.
This tank of an electric unicycle is all performance, high wattage, no frills, and built to satisfy the select few who dare mounting an EUC of this caliber. The Sherman’s sheer mass, weight, power, and speed should only be accessed by seasoned and veteran riders.
- Average cruising speed is 25 to +35 MPH
- Riders have pushed the Sherman past 35 to +45 MPH
- Low end torque is applied when first accelerating
- 2,500W nominal motor engages on high end can send you past +30 MPH without even realizing it
- Lighter wheels are preferable for short distances, errands, and food pick up
- Not the best wheel for short range or distances
- Great on high speed road wheel, too heavy for off-road or jumps/tricks
- Excellent wheel for experienced riders who want to ride at high speeds and long ranges
The Sherman is Equipped with a 3,200WH Battery Pack
Boasting a 3,200WH battery, the Veteran Sherman is rated to break past 100 mile range. I have never gone close to the 100 mile mark but after a few weeks of usage, I’ve clocked in about 70-80 miles on average before charging. The Sherman has more range than most people can handle and perfect to replenish any range anxiety for the group ride.
- Battery Pack built with 240x Panasonic GA 3.5Ah 18650 cells
- Range is rated up to 128 miles, hard riding can produce 60-80 miles depending on road conditions and riding style
- Sherman has two charge ports, 8A max
- Charger is 100.8V/5A to quickly charge it’s massive battery pack
Tank Like Chassis, High Build Quality
The Sherman looks like a tank, and for good reason.
Featuring an anti scratch steel roll cage, the Sherman was built for performance and punishment. We all know accidents happen while riding, the Roll Cage was designed to absorbs any small bumps to large impacts to keep the Sherman in one piece.
- This innovative design has an aggressive look with a fully functional purpose to keep our $3,500 investment in one piece
- I’ve personally wiped out a few times on my Veteran Sherman and its body remains in one piece and unscathed
- The Sherman is heavy and powerful, new riders should learn on smaller wheels
- Sherman is very heavy – difficult to lift into cars or up a flight of stairs
- Veteran Sherman replacements are easily accessible and replaceable, visit eWheels for listings
Is the Veteran Sherman too massive?
It depends on what kind of riding you plan to do. When riding through New York City through areas with high traffic, pedestrians, and stops signs, riding the Sherman can be tiring due to its sheer weight and physical effort to stop and go. When riding the Sherman through smooth roads without traffic, the Sherman will feel weightless and send you soaring at high speeds.
- Very smooth, solid, safe and secure ride acceleration and breaking
- 20″ Knobby tires soak up bumps, pot holes, and curve fore breakfast
- Heavier weight allows for stability at high speed, stronger chassis for crashes, and larger batteries for long range riding
- Heavier weight is not ideal for stop and go traffic, would prefer a lighter wheel like a MCM5 for low-speed, short-range and high congestion riding
- Turning tight corners is challenging and risks petal dipping, take longer turns if possible
- Comes with small stock pads, decent to start, I prefer the chicway pads
- LCD Display shows speed, mileage, and battery voltage
- LCD Display to change ride mode, tilt back, speed, speed alarm, and calibration settings – Make sure to adjust before riding!
- The Veteran Sherman is compatible with the EUC World App
Is the Veteran Sherman worth its price tag?
Riding at +40 MPH makes your feel like flying
The Leaperkim team got the Veteran Sherman right, and is one hard act to follow. With a $3,500 price tag, the Sherman is the most expensive, powerful, longest range, highest quality, electric unicycle on the market, and 100% totally worth the price tag.
6 Reasons the Veteran Sherman Isn’t for you
- Super expensive when compared to lower range and power models
- Super heavy to transport when compared to 30 MPH wheels
- Super powerful, not for beginners
- Lower cost, high performance models can provide 40 MPH performance
- Not everyone needs to 100+ mile range
- Not everyone wants to ride +45 MPH
6 Reasons to buy the Veteran Sherman
- Strongest EUC on the Market
- Longest Range EUC on the Market
- +45 MPH Cruising speeds
- Strongest Chassis and Roll cage on the market
- Price represents features, quality, and range
- Most expensive wheel, 100% worth the price for build quality and performance
- Cost – $3,699
- Free Spin Speed – 61mph/100kph,
- Top Speed – 45mph
- Nominal – Motor Power 2,500W
- Battery – 3,200WH/100.8V, Panasonic NCR18650GA
- Max Climb Gradient – 30°
- Max Load – 330lb/150kg
- Standard Charger – 100.8V/5A
- Charging Time – 10hrs
- Weight – 77lb/35kg
- Controller – 12x HY MOSFETS, peak power output, Active Controller Cooling Dual cooling fans, activation at 45℃
- Tire Size – 20″ inch off-road tire
- Trolley Handle Integrated into shell body
- Dashboard Display Speed, voltage, odometer, ride modes, Wheel settings, etc.
- Speed Limit Settings Set through integrated display, future App integration
- Calibration Set through integrated display, future App integration
- Shell Structure Metal looped roll-bar for lifting, scratch resistant ABS plastic shell
- Input Charge Ports Dual-input charge ports, supports up to 8A charge current
- Headlight 2x 750lm = 1500lm output
- Taillight Turning & brake warning lights
- Low Battery Protection Low-voltage Alarm @ 78V, ‘get-off now’ 75.6V
- Battery Protection Overcharged, over-discharge, input short-circuit protection
- Controller Over-temperature 185°F/85°C
- Package Gross-Weight 88lb/40kg
- Box Size 22.4″ Length x 11″ Width x 27.5″ Height (570x280x700mm)